Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Starting out?

ty jumli
@ty-jumli
8 years ago
17 posts

They started to form together but they are not strong .. didn't lock yet .

IMG_20160910_194312.jpg

ty jumli
@ty-jumli
8 years ago
17 posts

ceebenn:

Your hair is beautiful! I actually kind of love it the way it is. As you can probably tell, the dreads start forming at the ends, and sort of work their way up,as the hair grows into them. You will probably see your hair start to "shrink." Search here for some "baby dreads" photos and you'll see what happens. I like the look of the loose locks anyway, and yours will look great that way. It's hard not to pull or twist at them, but that's part of the process. Could take months/years. :)

Hi ceebenn , can u post a pic of you . 

ceebenn
@ceebenn
8 years ago
36 posts

Mine is about the same as yours but not as long. I posted on my thread that I get frustrated with the clump/strands that don't look too great at all. Here are a couple of pics.

p.s yes I'm a girl, lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

ty jumli
@ty-jumli
8 years ago
17 posts

Your hair looks Nice . it seems that it's start to locking up . n what happened to ur twist rip one . did u removed it.

acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

Here is a 10month difference in my hair from sectioning to starting to knot up. My hair was very dread resistant but in the end with patience it started to knot up. 1501142028.jpgmessyness.png here is the first months picture to compare how much it has changed in a year and some months 1month 1.jpg

updated by @acidburn: 11/08/16 09:36:28AM
ty jumli
@ty-jumli
8 years ago
17 posts

acidburn:

Here is a 10month difference in my hair from sectioning to starting to knot up. My hair was very dread resistant but in the end with patience it started to knot up. 1501142028.jpgmessyness.png here is the first months picture to compare how much it has changed in a year and some months 1month 1.jpg

wow man it looks awesome . can  u tell me the process like what did u do , maintenance n when did ur hair started to knot up .which month I mean. man give whatever info u wanna share it  will b really very helpful. 
ty jumli
@ty-jumli
8 years ago
17 posts

Any advice for me ..🙏🙇

acidburn
@acidburn
8 years ago
96 posts

It started sectioning around 9 months and started knotting up at about 12 months. The only thing i do is randomly check if hairs are getting stuck together but that rarely happens so i don't separate much. My hair strangely started knotting more when i started wearing it in a loose top knot. I wear it down alot but when working i put it in a topknot to stay away from my face. At first i was so worried about how my hair was doing and i would check it all the top then i slowly stopped worrying and it all started coming together. Now of days i don't really care about it dreading quickly i'm enjoying the messy stage and trying to let the small dreads congo up to bigger ones.

ty jumli
@ty-jumli
8 years ago
17 posts

Thnx man that really helped a  lot. u've boosted my will power 😜 .. 

/ 3
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form