Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums
SARSwimmer
@sarswimmer
6 months ago
11 posts

Hey, everyone.  I'm just getting started, I feel a little out of place seeing as all the posts I'm seeing are of people who have instigated their dreads to start forming in one way or another.  I haven't done anything and don't plan to, just watching what happens and hanging on for the ride.  I stopped brushing my hair 3 weeks ago and am washing it twice a week.  It's not very long and it hasn't been back combed or twisted or anything like that but I do want to put a picture up just for myself to follow my timeline.  I have the dreadshampoo and I also spray my hair with a sea salt solution, I'm excited for the journey.

dreadlocks1.jpg
dreadlocks1.jpg  •  697KB

aetherfaither
@aetherfaither
6 months ago
48 posts

Sweet! Mine are not quite three weeks but they are all natural, too! I tried forcing them for two weeks , then combed them out thanks to this site and started fresh the freeform way C: Welcome! Hope you post a lot of pics of your progress I sure do xD 

SARSwimmer
@sarswimmer
6 months ago
11 posts

That's awesome.  I'm pretty stoked on the freeform ideal, I think it will be way more satisfying than any other possible approach.  I'm a little nervous about my current length, but we'll see how they act, only one way to find out.  Thanks for the warm welcome, I look forward to progressing through this journey with you.

aetherfaither
@aetherfaither
6 months ago
48 posts

Dude! At my 2 week mark- the difference in my whole outlook is crazy good compared to the forced ones were so awkward and I worried about them constantly Cx These , I just fall more in love since day one lol And yay! Fellow reaffirmed! 

aetherfaither
@aetherfaither
6 months ago
48 posts

Oh my goodness haha *fellow freeformer

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 months ago
27,406 posts

i let mine dread while camping in the woods

a lot here went natural

shes right, when you force them its constant panic and worry and feeling like you need to do more

when you let it happen its pure relaxation.. serenity.. you just accept that it will happen as it should and theres no need to worry at all

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
acidburn
@acidburn
6 months ago
85 posts

I'm just going to vouch for there can be some worry in neglect some people there hair isn't as prone to tangle it's been 10 months for myself and i only have 1 neglect dread but sectioning is slowly starting..

aetherfaither
@aetherfaither
6 months ago
48 posts

what are you washing your hair with?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 months ago
27,406 posts

he is doing everything right just has very oily hair that don't like to tangle

i'm not at all suggesting this and i scolded someone else for suggesting it but ..someone did say in cases of very oily hair they would just not wash and let it get oily and caked together  and dread..it seems like absolute opposite of whats recommended but hey if u try everything else what is there to lose

again..not recommending it just saying someone had suggested it as an option

--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
3_little_birds2316
@carolbrennan
5 months ago
46 posts

Welcome! Kudos to starting out naturally.  I started mine with twist and rip as a starter method but have since let go for them to "enjoy the ride".  Probably about half of mine have fallen out but they are sectioning out really nicely.  And honestly, the ones I have left to freeform  are my absolute favorite ones right now.  It's great watching your  hair do what it wants to rather than forcing it.  Good luck!

--
Livin' wild and free in NC

Follow my dreadlock journey on instagram: @3_little_birds2316
 / 2

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus