dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yup that's just perfect

by not reducing it a whole lot i was thinking like 1/4 that often like every 2 weeks would be reducing it way too much, 1once to twice a weeks good

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

OK cool, my go to routine is usually about twice a week...I've run into people who have dreads that wash them more spaced out then once a week, like once every 2 weeks or once a month....no disrespect to them, but that just seems like your hair would get pretty dirty, more so than is preferable with that a washing schedule like that.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

ive met some with dreads that wash every 2 months to once a year or even 1 that hadn''t in 8 years.. but that's just wrong

that 1 said "i have red hair, it hasn't changed color so it can't be too dirty"

as if the only time to consider it dirty is when red hair turns brown or black

i wash weekly cause its a big job but id love to wash 3 times a week

how anyone could go months  i don't understand

after 2 weeks im going crazy

i unfortunately had to go 2 months once (living  in a cabin without power or running water (or even windows)) and by that time i washed  them in melted snow, in the driveway in 14 degree f weather.. extreme cold ..but was so desperate to wash them i had to do it

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Oh wow, I mean for me the reason for my current frequency of washing was simply because my scalp had felt really good with that washing frequency, but I did realize today that it was a tad much. That, and I was trying to use the rest of one of the shampoos I have...But I'm gonna get on a normal cycle next week.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

yea the more u wash the happier your scalp will be

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Yeah, thus why I have been washing every 2-3 days thus far. I mean my cycle got a little haywire the last few days as I had to wash my dreads today as tomorrow may not be a good day to do so, although sadly this means I had washed them within the span of two days from the last wash. What I may end up doing when I go back to washing twice a week is that I am thinking of at least rinsing them with water another day during the week, just so my scalp can stay as content as it has been...sort of kicking myself for this increase in washing because it meant I used more shampoo quicker than was probably smart...but I do have a number of bottles of shampoo left.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

your scalp usually tells you when its unhappy and would like a good washing

i pay attention to what its telling me and try to wash when it wants me to, but yea some days are just not convenient so a day or 2 more passes

like today i was at least 2 or 3 days past when my scalp wanted to be washed so i used lil extra shampoo..and the liquid at that

the whole shower floor was all foam .with my dreads lost in the foam.. took a lot of extra rinsing

and man i haven't used the liquid in months (and took a  trip to the beach) its amazing how 1 wash with the liquid and i had dreads congoing absolutely everywhere ..

i very very rarely have to separate ..pretty much only when i use the liquid

i had dreads that had like 3 inches connected that had  to be ripped

if i didn't separate and washed just twice with the liquid they would be inseparable congos

that stuff makes my hair knot like crazy

i bet i find a dozen new dreads in the morn when i finish going through and separating

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ah. Today I wanted to avoid going too far over my threshold for time so I decided to wash a day early even though I had just washed them two days prior. Just so as to avoid potentially being a few days late on washing, because my scalp was already a tad itchy to begin with.

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I had used dr. Bronner's shampoo for the first time in a long time tonight, but I am sure I didn't dilute it enough, as I did it less than even 1:10 (I foolishly used a ratio of 1:5) will the possible residue eventually rinse out or am I going to have to deep clean it out? (I did spend almost a half an hour in the shower trying to rinse it out, then rinsed at least two other times tonight, I am hoping I got it out, but I can't really tell)...all in all, though I do plan to use this soap again since I have a good bit of it, but I will obviously dilute it properly.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

if i remember right you have very hard water if so you cannot dilute bronners enough to not cause buildup from hell

in hard water the buildup can be as bad as wax

if you do not have hard water it should rinse easily even undiluted but should be diluted 12-1 or more

many use over 20 times more water then soap

if your water is over the moderately hard range (in or over i should say) then don't us bronners

--

/ 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form