Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

From Interlocking to Natural: My Dreadlock Journey

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Hello, I am new to the forum. I have been a fan of this website since long before I made this account. I have often promoted people go to it and learn from this community. I started my dreads 3 years ago (today actually), my starting method was not ideal by any stretch of the imagination...I had started them from interlocking, which I learned from here it was bad, but I knew that by the time they were 7 months old, since that point I haven't really maintained them at all, I tried taking in loose hair once, but that didn't take (which I regret doing at all). I seek to recover from the damage that was done to my hair and stay free from maintaining them. 

I really hope to learn a lot from all of you, and hopefully, my dreads will heal from their troubled beginnings.

P.s. 

I tried to add photos to this point and couldn't get them to post, so if someone could tell me what I did wrong that would be a great help. Thanks!

updated by @ravens-light: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

how did you try let me try both ways its a brand new server might not have all the kinks worked out

but what lingering affects remain from interlocking

weird shows as default photo

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

As far as I can tell the roots took a while to fix themselves they grew out and untwisted themselves, now they feel like they've fixed themselves....with the exception that the parting down the middle of my head is fairly apparent. I keep wondering if my if I stop separating for a while if that will fix the 'gap'?  However, I don't want my dreads to congo too much as they are already pretty thick. Any advice Soaring Eagle? I had spoken to you soaring eagle over youtube some time ago, my idea on there is MindsEye4657

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

well you can do that to the point of where it takes a lil effort to separate then the gaps should fill in

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, so like stopping separating for like a month would it be more like 2? (if I start from today that is). What are the other options I have? I mean I have been encouraging the new hair lay in such a way that it covers the gap, but I am unsure it will actually hold and fix the issue.

updated by @ravens-light: 05/11/16 05:21:03PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

1 or 2  by 3 it might be too hard to seperate  just wait till they have connected somewhat but arent  real hard to sepasrate

photos work now

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I will go for a month and reevaluate after then,  if I need to, I will go for 2 months without separating but will keep in mind to start separating them at 3 months. Are there any other options than not separating for about a month or possibly two?

updated by @ravens-light: 05/11/16 05:54:23PM
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

This is the status of the gap on my head up to this date: 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,639 posts

don't look too bad i think its starting to take care of itself

--
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

I actually had positioned some of the new growth that wasn't yet connected to any sections to try and cover the gap, hoping that it grows into there. As per your question about damages from interlocking, I did lose the tips of one of my dreads in about first or second year, but Now everything seems to be ok. I am still searching for a decent shampoo or bar soap, sadly I can't really afford the soap from dreadlockshampoo, which I'm sure is great, just a little out of my reach at the moment....I know baking soda and ACV aren't good to be used as normal washing, so I am unsure where to find a decent soap (hopefully locally, because shipping can be pricey)

updated by @ravens-light: 05/12/16 09:51:59AM
 / 29

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form