Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Finally took the plunge!

Shannon aka dorkpixie
@shannon-aka-dorkpixie
9 years ago
23 posts

Wool is perfect!! From what I've been reading on this site; wool can help your dreads to form :) My hair has been dead for yrs due to coloring, perms, *graying* (natural highlights ;) ) I also wear a wool hat to help the hair underneath get dreading. I just bought some tea tree shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com I was using Dr Bronner's but I have hard water and it left almost a waxy feeling in my hair. If you haven't read it yet; the Dreaducation page is an awesome place to start!! :)

Enjoy your journey :)

~Namaste

--
~Namaste
R☮ZE
@rze
9 years ago
11 posts

- Welcome to the Adventure, Shannon!

You don't have to do much to your locks, just let them be themselves!  A wool hat, or a tam, or slouch-beanie are great ways to hide them during their "messy phase".. but as my husband has found out, his tam restricted movement.. and you want movement because that is how hair tangles naturally.  For example, someone brushes their long hair, but then gets on a motorcycle for a ride.  You can imagine what long hair would look like after that!  Movement, clean & dry, and natural is the only way to go!  Good luck, honey, and yell if you need anything! ♥

--
Be Well! ♥ R☮ZE ✌️

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
garism
@nattyska
9 years ago
30 posts

Hey welcome to the beautiful journey! There will be a lot of changes through it but as long as we are happy and focus on what we want, it will turn out great and nice. 

Just don't worry much on what people say, esp the bad things coz they don't have the right to. 

Patience is all we need! Stay happy!

Peace x

narwhalplur
@narwhalplur
9 years ago
8 posts

R☮ZE:
- Welcome to the Adventure, Shannon! You don't have to do much to your locks, just let them be themselves!  A wool hat, or a tam, or slouch-beanie are great ways to hide them during their "messy phase".. but as my husband has found out, his tam restricted movement.. and you want movement because that is how hair tangles naturally.  For example, someone brushes their long hair, but then gets on a motorcycle for a ride.  You can imagine what long hair would look like after that!  Movement, clean & dry, and natural is the only way to go!  Good luck, honey, and yell if you need anything! ♥

I'm very excited about my hair. I'm very much embracing the messy period. I'm also really happy that I don't have to brush my hair any more. Haha I washed them for the first time today with some dollylocks then dried them throughout. I'm going to keep up the movement. Thank you very much!!!

narwhalplur
@narwhalplur
9 years ago
8 posts

garism:
Hey welcome to the beautiful journey! There will be a lot of changes through it but as long as we are happy and focus on what we want, it will turn out great and nice.  Just don't worry much on what people say, esp the bad things coz they don't have the right to.  Patience is all we need! Stay happy! Peace x

Thankfully so far everyone is pretty nice about it other then the initial "you can't wash your hair if you have dreads right?" Which I think Is funny. I'm sure it'll get annoying after a while, but I'm extremely excited to watch the development of the locks :) thank you for the kind words!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

narwhalplur:
R☮ZE:- Welcome to the Adventure, Shannon! You don't have to do much to your locks, just let them be themselves!  A wool hat, or a tam, or slouch-beanie are great ways to hide them during their "messy phase".. but as my husband has found out, his tam restricted movement.. and you want movement because that is how hair tangles naturally.  For example, someone brushes their long hair, but then gets on a motorcycle for a ride.  You can imagine what long hair would look like after that!  Movement, clean & dry, and natural is the only way to go!  Good luck, honey, and yell if you need anything! ♥
I'm very excited about my hair. I'm very much embracing the messy period. I'm also really happy that I don't have to brush my hair any more. Haha I washed them for the first time today with some dollylocks then dried them throughout. I'm going to keep up the movement. Thank you very much!!!

remember washing is a good thing  don't hesitate to wash as often a s you feel you should as long as it isn't every single day (unless you really must then that too is ok)

my guess is most members  are washing between every 2 and every 4 days and 95%  no longer then every 5-7 

very few wash less then that

and i wouldn't recomend washing less then thbat

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
narwhalplur
@narwhalplur
9 years ago
8 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:
narwhalplur:
R☮ZE:- Welcome to the Adventure, Shannon! You don't have to do much to your locks, just let them be themselves!  A wool hat, or a tam, or slouch-beanie are great ways to hide them during their "messy phase".. but as my husband has found out, his tam restricted movement.. and you want movement because that is how hair tangles naturally.  For example, someone brushes their long hair, but then gets on a motorcycle for a ride.  You can imagine what long hair would look like after that!  Movement, clean & dry, and natural is the only way to go!  Good luck, honey, and yell if you need anything! ♥
remember washing is a good thing  don't hesitate to wash as often a s you feel you should as long as it isn't every single day (unless you really must then that too is ok) my guess is most members  are washing between every 2 and every 4 days and 95%  no longer then every 5-7  very few wash less then that and i wouldn't recomend washing less then thbat    

Before I dreaded it I would wash my hair once a week, mainly because I didn't want my hair color fading, but my hair doesn't get oily either, I'm guessing because of my excessive bleaching and coloring, but I'm going to start washing it every few days. regardless of my color fade, I can always redye it. Lol

Shannon aka dorkpixie
@shannon-aka-dorkpixie
9 years ago
23 posts

narwhalplur:
garism:Hey welcome to the beautiful journey! There will be a lot of changes through it but as long as we are happy and focus on what we want, it will turn out great and nice.  Just don't worry much on what people say, esp the bad things coz they don't have the right to.  Patience is all we need! Stay happy! Peace x
Thankfully so far everyone is pretty nice about it other then the initial "you can't wash your hair if you have dreads right?" Which I think Is funny. I'm sure it'll get annoying after a while, but I'm extremely excited to watch the development of the locks :) thank you for the kind words!!

@narwhalplur

Yes; I have also heard so many people either to my face or behind my back say that we don't wash our hair...I've told them quite contrary, I think a big part of the journey is learning to love yourself, your natural, beautiful self and becoming less dependent on what others think. Because even if they don't say it to your face, they're going to think what they want. That is their business not ours. I only hide in my hats as needed; which is not often now. Good luck to you; and I hope your journey is as enlightening and loving as possible. :)

~Namaste~

--
~Namaste
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

don't hide, flaunt you are beauties and never forget that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

/ 2
Dislike 0