dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dreadlock Technician - Stylist Needed for TV Series / Documentary in Hawaii

seizz
@seizz
9 years ago
3 posts

Aloha,

A Hawaiian based reggae record label will be doing some production in late 2015 to early 2016 on the island of Hawaii. We are looking for a skilled and experienced dread lock technician-stylist to work on and maintain the artists locks during the production. The candidate will have a recurring role throughout the production and will be a part of the new TV series / Documentary. Transportation (including airfare) and housing will be provided for the right candidate. The candidate must live an organic spiritual lifestyle and be willing to participate in the Anti-Gmo movement on the Island. This is an opportunity for a single person (male or female) and will require a long term commitment on the island. If this sounds appealing. Please reply to Seizz@mail.com with information regarding your experience with working on dreads. Please only reply if you are sincerely interested in relocating to the island of Hawii,

Mahalo Nui Loa

updated by @seizz: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

as we discussed on the phone... working n dredlocks, maintaining them is detrimental to the health of the dreads

salons, xtylists locicians are severely bad for dreaads

the tyles they do, the extreme tightness of them cause an epidemic of traction alopecia

livin g an organoc life you xsho0uld want organic dreaad care wich involves only washing with an organic shampoo

and seperating as needed

the work salns do on dreads is very harmful to them...the oposite of organic

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

do you have photos of the artists locks

and why do they think they need them maintained

you do know all reggae artists follow the rasta way, wich  all rasta dreads are unmaintained?

--
jennahfly.soulflower
@jennahflysoulflower
9 years ago
1 posts

What Soaring-eagle said...

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

you are likely to get 3 kinds of responses to this

1: most common response, you shouldn't be doing anything to them

2: someone willing to help  with real healthy organic care, just for the experience of it, a organic hippie travelor type ..

3: someone whod want to charge alot of  money, and do alot of harm  (doubtfully a member of the site, but instead a loctician that found this through a search engine)

your best 2 opions are 1 and 2.. taking the advice ofr those who have yoir best interest in mind , or those who are willing to help out just for the experience..  i do have someone potentially in mind for option 2

option 3...  they may even be willing to give you a discount  since its basily advertising for them, but that is yor worse option a so called experienced technician

dreads are not technical in any way shape or form, the more 'technical'  you make it the greater the harm

case in point, there was a patent application i found for a 'multi headed rotating reciprocating dreadlocking tool"

it was a tool that went around your hair or dread, spun around it firing thousands of tiny crochet hook like hooks through the hair/dread

it was suposed to make making dreads fast and easy and maintaining them  quick

we had 1 member join a loctician freind  bought 1 and decided to experiment on his hair with it

as you can imagine..  it was a mangled disaster!

after seeing the patent application, and after seeing the laughter ridicule and reactions of total confusion when he announced his invention on anothr forum..i never expected anyone to actualy buy 1 and use it..

so when this poor kid came here for help i was actually stunned  that someone bought it ad used it

but point is.. dread technitians are always looking to the next 'pattented technique'  often keeping thier methods as 'trade secrets"  so they won't even tell you what they plan to do (in several cases  we had people say "i do not want you to use wax or crochet o interlock" and  they  stopped watching what they were doing till the loctician had already waxed, interlocked or crochetted 1/2 tghier head..

there have been many cases where they went right ahead and did the very thing that you told them not to do...

long story short lets hope that  you get someone from option 2 that  will take good care of you and not do alot of harm just to get advertising for the harm they do

ps posted on fb will send out the email after u aprove what i was going to say.

--
seizz
@seizz
9 years ago
3 posts

Aloha Again,  

It was not our intent to offend anyone with this posting. We are nice people just looking for some help with hair. That's all-Very simple. Soaring-eagle was kind enough to help out. As of 10/12/15 We are still looking for someone. If intersted please respond to seizz@mail.com Your interests is appreciated.

Aloha

Castaway J
@castaway-j
9 years ago
585 posts

I would loove to, but I have only experienced maintaining my own locks. I do, absolutely, adhere to the DLS philosophy when it comes to lock maintanence though. This is a really awesome oportunity, grats to whomever gets to go! Laugh

seizz
@seizz
9 years ago
3 posts

Lots of nice email... Still looking for someone as of 10/25/15... 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

castaway j would be 1 id recomend

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form