Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Hello Dread Head family!

Antone
@antone
9 years ago
1 posts

Hello dread head family, my name is Antone and I just joined your wonderful community the other day and I am very excited to learn from and contribute to it all! Over a year ago I decided I was going to dread my locks. I did a lot of reading and researching on the best approach and thought I had gotten a lot of good information, turns out I was wrong... I did a lot of reading on dreadheadhq and was going to go about a backcomb/rip and tear method and boy am I glad I found this site before going down that road. Personally I see nothing worng with the two methods but I don't like the look of the even dreads as much, very in favor of the natural un even look. Over a year ago when I decided to take this journey I had about 1 inch long hair that I washed and conditioned every day and usually had buzz cut once a week, I grew very tired of that after 20 years of doing it lol so one day I just up and stopped washing my hair and decided to never cut it again. I wanted to wait a year to let my hair grow out before I did the RnT method to my locks and decided in the mean time to completely neglect (no wash/no comb) my hair just to see if it would dread on its on. Well a year later (which was a couple days ago) my hair was a lot longer but there were no signs of any natural dreds hmmmm.... Well since I was coming up on a year I was ready to start my RnT and get the locks going but decided first I'd do one more day of research before jumping into it. Luckily I stumbled across this great site that day of research and I believe its turned it all around for the better. I read all about natural dread locks, how to start them, wash them, care form and all the goodies and decided to start them the very next day. So two days ago I began the journey, first started with a nice wash (since I hadn't done so in over a year lol) but I did the sea salt soak, BS was and ACV conditon and boy what a turn around! After a long year of greasy slick hair (which I believe to be the reason there was no dreading over the year), this one single wash made it spring back to life and my scalp fell better than it had in a long time! I'm starting a cycle of washing every three days and have been sleeping with a drug rug wrapped around my pillow (since its the only wool I have in the house lol) but so far my hair is a lot dryer and looks more ready to lock and I countinue to not comb it. I have really wavy/curly hair that already forms little "sections" so I can't tell at all if its starting to section itself or even beggining to knot but either way I'm going to continue with this method and see where it takes me. Sorry for such the long post but I guess I have a lot of back story to my journey lol well I can't wait to see what result I get and plan to share all along the way! Stay up dread head family!

One Love!

20150416_120342.jpg
20150416_120342.jpg  •  532KB

updated by @antone: 04/16/15 03:49:41PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

welcome well after a long set back looks like your on the right path now

and the lengths great for it to start to dreadsoon

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1