Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Chelsea Maeve
@chelsea-maeve
10 years ago
4 posts
I'm on month five of my journey, undid the twist and rip method my self ( never done it before ) so my head was my laboratory. I suffered from loose loopy roots and had a friend cortche ( wish I didn't ugh) a lot of them, who has never done it before. I have a lot of braided looking ones from twisting to much and werid roots from not sectionong correctly.. I'll attach some pictures. Help give me some guidance
updated by @chelsea-maeve: 01/13/15 10:06:18PM
Chelsea Maeve
@chelsea-maeve
10 years ago
4 posts
Not undid ^^^ I DID
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well all things concidered they lok better then expected the crochet as horible as that is didnt seem to drasticly delay anything the loops and lumps and oddshaped roots are all good things but you should stop palm roling them too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Chelsea Maeve
@chelsea-maeve
10 years ago
4 posts
I'll take the advice and just let them do there thing, Thank you! One more question: I twist and rip my ends still when they loosen up, am I causing any unwanted damage there?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

slight but also prevenbting progress loosenings part odf the processand the tips are best off loose though they will have up to 3 inchges lookse for the 1st 8 months or so then tighten to an inch or less

\but if u tnr everytuimne they comke loose ..and they come loose every week and u tnr.. how are they progressing

trust in the process

wash and seperate and the reast takes care of itself

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Amanda Clouse
@amanda-clouse
10 years ago
53 posts

You will see the best and most progress from the areas that loosen up. Last dread journey, I did T&R on my whole hair. Most of the back came mostly to completely undone and ended up locking up quicker than the T&R locks. Early on, I had tried to T&R a couple back up that came completely loose, but then they would fall back apart. There will never be progress on those until you let them be, trust me!

The ones that look braided will look that way for a while. I had several like that, and they didn't start to look less braidy until about 10 months. It might take longer or shorter for you, so just be patient.

Good luck! The more you mess with them, the less they have a chance to progress. :)

Chelsea Maeve
@chelsea-maeve
10 years ago
4 posts
Awesome, great advise, thank you! It's been a couple days since I've played around with my ends, there actually hardening up.
Koko Earthling
@koko-earthling
10 years ago
0 posts

Hey,they really don't look so bad! :) The answer to your problem is time, dear. Crocheting, twisting and ripping, in the end just slows and hinders the process. My advice to you is to not do anything for as long as you can bear it, and don't let your friends, especially those without experience, stick poky things in your locks. Separate them every time you wash, which can be anywhere 1-2-3 weeks in between, or more. I'd suggest washing with 1cup baking soda/a gallon of water solution. Just pour it over, wait 10 min, rinse out generously. If they start getting too dry, and you get worried, try Dr. Bronner's! You can get it at Trader Joe's and other good stores like that. Then shed your fear of loops, my dear! ;) You will learn to love them through the patience you acquire in letting go! <3 Love to ya, good luck!

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form