Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

pimple like bumps around hair line? anyone else?

Shelby2
@shelby2
4 years ago
9 posts
Had mine for 5 years almost and never had this issue. I get a itchy bump under my hair sometimes that I can never see so don't worry about, but lately I've gotten a fee behind my ears, my neck at rhe base of my scalp, and all other areas of my neck. Theyre itchy so I didn't think they were pimples cuz pimples don't usually itch lol. But they're annoying and I'm wondering if I have bugs living in there or something crazy.
updated by @shelby2: 02/15/15 05:49:04AM
☪justine_yogineૐ
@justine-yogine
4 years ago
3 posts
I had this issue with my dreads, mainly around my neckline, I don't know what caused it, maybe pulling the hair to tightly and irritating the area. I just stopped messing w them stopped itching them and apply natural aloe gel to the irritated area mine cleared up pretty quickly. Hope this helps!
Katie Kline
@katie-kline
4 years ago
1 posts

I get them too around my hairline. Sometimes pretty bad. I have a lot of scalp issues from my dreads though: severe dandruff, itchiness, etc.

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
4 years ago
122 posts

I got them like the first 4 months of dreading but I haven't gotten them since. Maybe it's from the summer heat...from sweat maybe? I still gt the itchies though.

Jackie
@jackie
4 years ago
79 posts

I sometimes get little whiteheads on my hairline, but I got them before I started my dreads, so I dunno. Yours sound like sweat pimples, where they don't really pop but they look have the bumpiness of a pimple. I think if there were buggies they'd be in more random spots. Anytime I have a bump on the nape of my neck it's from getting sweaty.

I NEVER thought this could be from pulling my hair back tightly, so cheers to the person above who suggested that!!

SquidFase
@squidfase
4 years ago
24 posts

I had this problem about two weeks ago. It was itchy as hell too! I bought some of the tea tree oil type shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com and now I dont have that problem anymore. It really is just an irritation from your dreadlocks pulling/you itching.

http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=16&zenid=0ece6e29e23944180e53f862c4a561b4

Just If you are curious.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,421 posts

do u do any root mainmtenence root tightening can cauise that

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
Shelby2
@shelby2
4 years ago
9 posts

soaring eagle said:

do u do any root mainmtenence root tightening can cauise that

Nope I don't do any. But I wanna know that acv bs rinse you told me about awhile ago cuz that helped when I did it the first time. Ive got maintenence once abut 2 years ago and I've had my locks for 5 years natural neglect method.
Shelby2
@shelby2
4 years ago
9 posts

SquidFase said:

I had this problem about two weeks ago. It was itchy as hell too! I bought some of the tea tree oil type shampoo from dreadlockshampoo.com and now I dont have that problem anymore. It really is just an irritation from your dreadlocks pulling/you itching.

http://shop.dreadlockshampoo.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&a...

Just If you are curious.

I'll have to try that when I get some money but I use maylees garden soaps and they've worked well for itchones til recently.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
4 years ago
28,421 posts

mayless id great if u dont got hard water but if u do maylees wont work

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
 / 2

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags