Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dr Bronner's and shampoo issues!

Little Wing
@little-wing
10 years ago
41 posts
Well, Today is supossed to be my 5th week of freeforming and all this time I've been washing with diluted Dr Bronner's. I've been noticed the next things:Is kinda hard to make good foam from it compared with other shampoos. I live in Finland and the water from here is soft. It foams, but I kinda have to apply it and scrib my scalp as fast as I can, otherwise it kinda turns to some kind of layer... Anyways, after rinsing, I still feel a layer of oil or something, I don't know what, but it feels like a layer of oil. What is strange, because my hair naturally tends to normal to dry.Then I noticed that my hair sectioned but each section felt and looked like glued from that "layer" of stuff, I did not see any knoting or why would those hairs would be glued together.Also noticed that is was waaaaay to easy to gather dust on my sections! My hair is dark, so imagine to have dust stick in your dark hair.So I decided to change and try another shampoo. Urtekram is an organic brand and I've used it before. I remember it left my hair feeling clean and all, so I decided to give it a shot now with my freeform process.Everything was ok until my hair dried... No sections at all.My hair feels clean, I haven't collected any dust in it. aso I'm kinda confused that I have some questions...Did it really sectioned or was it just "glued" hair with Dr Bronner's gunk?Probably I would finally to give a shot to BS and ACV washing, to see how it goes.I am kinda trying hard to be calmed and see it not like a big deal and preserve the patience.Soon I'm gonna keep you informed on how it went.I am using sea salt. I am sleeping over wool. I wash it 2-3 times per week, I don't towel dry and I just leave my hair alone... So, so far I think I haven't done anything wrong, maybe bad shampoo selection?Well, soon I'd tell you how bs/acv works for me.Regards!
updated by @little-wing: 01/13/15 10:03:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

sounds like hard water reaction but u dont need alotta foam..or any

the ingredient added to shampoos and everything else to get foam is sls..toxic..causes cancer skin issuues lkike dandruf etc

id give the baking soda acv a shot or get some dreadlockshampoo.com lockin up liquid

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Little Wing
@little-wing
10 years ago
41 posts
Yeah, actually for what I've read, would be like if it's hard water, but I even got in the finnish webpage of the water services and they say it is soft, as far as I remember with a ph 8.3, if I remember correctly.The Urtekram shampoo is natural and organic, it foams but not like crazy like the artificial shampoos, but don't know if because it has aloe vera, would be not that good for early stages of freeforming. Or what do you think?Actually now that the time passed, my hair look kibda separated but loose. It seems the Dr Bronner's somehow left some residue which made my hair looked even more sectioned. But tomorrow I'm gonna buy the BS, by the way, in this early stage do you recommend me use ACV rinse too or just BS?Thanks for the advice!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

aloe is too conditioning

ph is a measure of alkalinity and acidity with 7.0 being nutral where pure water shoulkd be

hardness is measured in ppm or parts per million or a similar measurement it measures the number of mineral perticles per million water particles

if u googler finland hard water map u should get an idea

yea unless your very oily by nature use the acv just real diluted

--
Little Wing
@little-wing
10 years ago
41 posts
Yeah, actually I just read the water specifically in my town is soft, 1,5-2,7 odH. And I diluted the Dr Bronners in 12:1 ratio, so I don't understand why it left me residue.My hair is not oily, is normal with tendency to get dry sometimes. So I am gonna start using BS and ACV, hoping it works.I really don't want to give up and ending up trying the t&r. :/
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

yea the bs/acv or lockin up liquids the best bet

dont give up

--
☮MamaKittyLove
@mamakittylove
10 years ago
198 posts
I don't understand why since I have hard water and I use Dr. Bronner's, why I don't have any kind of build up or waxy feeling that everyone describes.. It lathers up nicely and rinses out fine as well. I've been washing with it every other day for 2 weeks now... ?
Little Wing
@little-wing
10 years ago
41 posts
Well, that's weird. I guess it is different for everyone it seems. I diluted it in the ratios recommended here and the water in my town is super soft (according to the chart).The washing has been my problem so far this time. I am going almost for my second month and no knot at all. :(
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i know the shipping to finlands high (u can get 4 or 5 items at that shiping charge tho) think giving the lockin up liquid from dreadlockshampoo.com or something else a try that u can get locally

--
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form