Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums
Lauryn Dowding
@lauryn-dowding
10 years ago
48 posts
Welcome to the group :D I have the same problem by thinking mine were to thin but didn't want the hassle of brushing them out! Personally I would just leave them to go natural now except with separation after washing and let them decide what they want to do themselves. Enjoy your dread journey!Love and peace.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

any that are over an inch i would comb out if u git dreads as thick as yiur wrist u will never get a helmet on again.. even with the 1 inch dreads it will be rough

but 2 inch no way..

tightness will only mean slower dreading

but those extra thick ones are a problem

if your going to want to wear a helmet a whole bunch of thinner ones give u the best chance..like over 50 or 60

if your hair iis so hard to comb out tho u might as well have gone natural it would have dreaded fast

pics?

sux u went to the woods already it'll be harder to comb them out by time your back

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

they..and you..look beautiful but if u can get a pic of the big sections that will help

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well big enough that they could be 2-4 and not be too thin

if u dont mind big they are might be fine but u wont get a helmet on

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

yeait is take your time be gentloe

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

i got 1 thats 1 mm x 2mm and thats 3 extra thin dreads combined

theres no too thin 60 is a good numbe4r

--
TattiNatti
@tattinatti
10 years ago
22 posts

I just started splitting some of mine too, I started with backcomb about 3.5 weeks ago & I split about 4 up last night & will do another 4 tonight... my split ones are super fluffy as I think i'm just going to leave them as doing twist & rip probably wont hold as it's soooo fluffy....

TattiNatti
@tattinatti
10 years ago
22 posts

It looks great Jen!! I think it's going to just go crazy from here & start lumping & bumping it looks like it will go quite fast!!

I know with reg.. sea salt spray just to spray it on an hour or so before wash but Vicki's you can leave on longer as it has extra ingredients... Let me know how it works for you as I never ordered the spray as it put my shipping over with the other things I ordered....

I always wrap my hair in a towel after coming out the shower & then kinda press on it & I press the ends in the towel too to help with the dripping.... I think the bad thing with towels is lint.. so if you use a similar coloured towel to your hair colour you wont have too much of an issue... but rubbing is probably not a good idea :/

Txxxxx

oh p.s I just ordered a hula hoop the other day.. for basic use it's a fitness one not a fancy one I would never beable to do some of those moves lol... x

TattiNatti
@tattinatti
10 years ago
22 posts

Hey Jen!!!

Many of mine I have used those European Charm beads to separate.. you can get like 100 for around $10 they are glass...I have a lot in my hair and i don't feel them when I sleep... I think mine would be pretty much out by now some of the hair is a bit dreaded but about 6" or so all the way down is like silky smooth and straight, like I spent hours brushing it all nice and smooth :D So the beads are just keeping the sections & I'm hoping they are small enough that they wont be hindering in the process too much...

I think i'm coming up to week 4 since I started over, since last wash I feel I've lost a lot of progress some were zigging & zagging and bumping nicely but at the moment they are very... meh & doing nothing :( I am taking pictures week 5 so I hope I have something...

I hope someone can help you with your triangle.. other than the little beads I'm not sure what to suggest...

I LOVE my hoop... :D I only feel inclined to use it at around 10.30 at night though I'm hoping I will feel the urge more in the day too.... haha xx

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form