Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

just wondering

Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
11 years ago
64 posts
When i don't wash my hair for more than 1 day, my scalp starts to get a bit oily. I was wondering if this oiliness will prevent my hair from dreading? Also my scalp doesn't smell that great by the second day. I don't know if that's just inevitable or what, but i don't want to smell bad
updated by @jamison-johnston3: 02/14/15 08:19:22AM
Majin Forte
@majin-forte
11 years ago
3 posts

from my own personal experience the natural oils haven't seemed to hinder my hair from knotting up and locking. i only rinse my hair as opposed to using shampoos and what not and believe it or not im always complimented on not only the way my hair looks but the way it smells as well lol everybody's different but from my experience i dont really think it hinders any part of the dreading process

Rustdust
@rustdust
11 years ago
72 posts

If you have been washing you hair with regular shampoo for many years and its geared for "Oily hair" you are probably just experiencing a change, Coz your hairs natural oil's are prominent now more so than ever and will settle, The dreading process is *unique*for everyone, thus giving youunique Dreads.

Just wash when you want to or need to...every second, every third day. I wash mine with the weather, In winter one or two times a week, In summer two or three times a week ...washed dread are sweet Dread's.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

Sorry I didn't check first, but it can absolutely depend on what you're washing with, too. Some shampoos (especially organic ones, tend to have too many conditioners. And if you're using the BS/ACV wash, ACV tends to make your hair oily. Oily hair means your scalp is too acidic. ACV is an acid, and will promote this. cut back on the ACV until your hair is not oily after a few washes, then check back and we can help you reintroduce it slowly.

Also, as your hair changes, there is a period where it needs to acclimate to forming locks. Not everyone goes through this. But many do. Let us know how your washing, and we can help more

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

washing daily strips oils wich make you produce extra as a survival mode deffence hair needs oils excess oils are usaualy the result of stripping away the oils causing scalp panick

its also the result of too acidic hair wash with baking soda..no acv every 2..then 3..then 4 days when u can go 4 without excess oiliness then holds there and with to a dread shampoo..or start slowly adding acv

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
11 years ago
64 posts
But will the bs get my hair to not smell bad? That is my main worry about only washing work that. But the only reason it smells it's because of the oils, so i guess it will. Anyway, thank you for the help you guys. I will check back in on my progress. Jah bless
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
11 years ago
2,702 posts

If you do the BS wash, it shouldn't smell bad at all. Some people like to add oils to it to make it smell like something else, and for their health values, but you don't need to add any

Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
11 years ago
64 posts
Ok thanks
Jamison Johnston3
@jamison-johnston3
11 years ago
64 posts
I think i misspoke. My hair doesn't really stink, its my scalp. I mean,it's not the worst smell in the world, but i would prefer to not have it at all.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

how do you smell your own scalp?

i know some people are contortionists and extremely flexible and can sniff thier own butts but how do you manage to sniff the top of yoir own head

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form