Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

New to dreads. Neglect method. Korn fans?

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

twist and rip is a method where you take a section of hair and kind of roll it in your fingers and split the section and 'rip' it upwards, essentially braiding knots into your hair. but trust me, it would be better to freeform, i had some of my twist and rip stay in. it helped some roots lock up. but its better to let your hair section out naturally. i would say try natural for a month or so. see how your hair sections out by itself. and contrary to popular belief, thin fine hair dreads up well because it knots up easily. coarse hair takes more time. to explain sectioning. you know how theres little sections of hair when its wet? those sections are your hairs natural sectioning. after a while of not brushing, little knots happen and spread up the section. eventually you have to take those sections and rip them apart. sometimes if you dont do it often enough you get a 'congo" which is two or more dreads that are now inseparable without cutting. if you are interested in twist and rip, this video explains it well. but i highly suggest you at least try free form for a month of more. and if you still want to do that, use your hairs natural sections because if you dont, it will either undread anyway and resection itself, or you might be stuck with an uncomfortable section. checkerboard sectioning or any kind of pattern will look fucked up. its better to have it hnatural so that you dont have any patches or lines of scalp that are highly visible. eventually the roots dread and get kind of slightly matted together which protect your scalp from sun. you also will have dreads that form in between dreads. new little sections of hair grow in between dreads and there will always be some undreaded hair. whick is nice and gives a very natural look to the whole thing.

updated by @knotlady: 07/23/15 04:05:40AM
KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

twist and rip. shes also my main dread inspiration. she let meknow messy was beautiful through seeing how onderful she looks with crazy dreads.

KnotLady
@knotlady
11 years ago
300 posts

my favorite head of dreadsbesides my own.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form