Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Yikes! No thanks..

Graciela Moreno
@graciela-moreno
11 years ago
16 posts

I have a couple dreadhead friends ..and many of them use crochet/latch hooks and other products on their locks ( I don't ) .I've found myself in this situation so many times - its pretty silly but I don't know how to go about it :( How do you tell someone in a nice way you don't want your dreads "fixed" by them in the most nicest way possible ? lol:)

updated by @graciela-moreno: 01/13/15 09:57:15PM
Dreadley Seven
@dreadley-seven
11 years ago
7 posts

Mi se, jus tell 'em," no tank you, I appreciatedat offer botmi really like da way dem turnin out on dem own. Mi like dem fi ave dem own personality." an say it wit an accent an a smile ;D

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
11 years ago
29,640 posts

i just say..hell know..dont you know how bad that is for dreads?

most just dont realize the harm it does

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Tim5
@tim5
11 years ago
359 posts

I would say politely, "I am growing my dreads for spiritual reasons and must be natural, thankyou".

peace

Laura Earle
@laura-earle
11 years ago
233 posts

...Just say "no thanks."

The rest isn't any of their business.

>.<

CoriElaine
@corielaine
11 years ago
173 posts

I agree with Jules on this! ^ I've have a few african people offer to twist up my hair and I just smile and say no thanks, im growing nautral dreadlocks :) I love how each one has its own personality! :D But if it were my friends.. I'd try to show them what they are doing to their locs! Show them this site :D

Larra Juab
@larra-juab
11 years ago
76 posts

Totally agreeing with Jules! And you could also say that messines, loops and bumps gives your dreads a unique look which is so awesomeee <3

Jules Victoria said:

why should you be worried about offending them when they have just offended you by implying your dreads need fixing?

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form