Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i need biblical references to dreadlocks my church kicked me out for wanting to dread

Kid Ayn Gibran
@kid-ayn-gibran
13 years ago
25 posts

Research the Nazarites like Samson. I argue this point with my mom all the time and she always resorts to how they were braids and not dreadlocks. Which can be true, but the emphasis on LOCK and not BRAID is interesting.

updated by @kid-ayn-gibran: 07/22/15 08:28:01AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

no she cant argue that if she knew anything about the naxzzarites vow they had to be dreads not braids

in fact to braid it was most likely against the vow

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kinsey
@kinsey
12 years ago
1 posts
Hi. I have dreads and have faced many difficulties with the administration at my Christian school because of it. So I feel your pain. But yes they're right about the Nazarites & I'd also bring up John the Baptist. He was set apart in his appearance and it helped him to serve others. Because he was not focused on his appearance-he was able to serve others as well as God. The bible tells us to consider ourselves the "least of these". Christianity isn't about a group of people who claim to be the elite, much the opposite we are to be the quiet and gentle servants of society. However, be ready to explain your reasons to whoever asks, because the world has made dreads appear to be something they are not. Best of luck !
Kelly3
@kelly3
12 years ago
333 posts

Your always welcome in the Atheist group :)

Dee Dee
@dee-dee
12 years ago
51 posts
i always tell people that the lord didnt create the brush, man did out of vanity!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

and the student teaches the teacher

its funny how those whi]o proclaim the bible to be the exact word of god dont understand it or believe only the parts they want to believe

john the baptist had long dreads and was holy enoughto remove the original sin of the sinles jesus

but wear dreads in shool and yiur punnished/

joseph had dreads jesuses earthly ..whatever..dad step dad whatever his dreads were to the ground

much of the old testiment predates the comb so its reasonable to assume most if nkt alk had dreads it wasnt tikl around when moses lead his people from egypt that the comb was invented

but since moses was on the run from its inventors its not likely he had 1 in the dessert

(damn how do i know so much about the bible without reading it damn 4th grade brainwashing when i wa sent to a atholic school just so i could be held back a year only cause my parents didnt want me being the yiungest kid in the clas)

anywho..

the religion of today is so distorted from what it was and it went through some seriusly dark times all thriug the middle ages and toiday its still just as juedgemental as ever the only diference being they cant get away with turture and n[murder no more (so thry elect politicians who will do it for them "legaly"

Kinsey said:

Hi. I have dreads and have faced many difficulties with the administration at my Christian school because of it. So I feel your pain. But yes they're right about the Nazarites & I'd also bring up John the Baptist. He was set apart in his appearance and it helped him to serve others. Because he was not focused on his appearance-he was able to serve others as well as God. The bible tells us to consider ourselves the "least of these". Christianity isn't about a group of people who claim to be the elite, much the opposite we are to be the quiet and gentle servants of society. However, be ready to explain your reasons to whoever asks, because the world has made dreads appear to be something they are not. Best of luck !

--
Doogie
@doogie
12 years ago
321 posts
Thought EVERYONE was aloud to go to church if thats what they want to believe in!?!
amethyst777
@amethyst777
12 years ago
95 posts

I think the church is prob'ly doing you a favor... If they'd kick you out for a hairstyle? Jesus never turned anyone away. I hate if for you. If I were in your shoes and religion meant a lot to me, I'd find a church where I was accepted :) Good luck

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

go to a mountsintop

into the wilderness

you will feel much closer to spirit there then in the churches

omnipotence..is in all things everywhere

so why do u need a box to sit in to be near him (or her)

--
Κύριε Ελέησόν
@κύριε-ελέησόν
12 years ago
92 posts
Ayeeee.... This thread breaks my heart. I cannot even begin to address all the shameful generalizations made against all Christians because of some (ONE) congregation's idiocy. Do some of you truly think all Christians are close-minded idiots? Are all priests child molestors? Do some of you think we all hold the same values and ideals? Do we all hate science and tar and feather gays still?Yes, it's one religion TECHNICALLY but truly some of the differences are incredibly profound. There are MANY DIFFERENT PEOPLE who make up MANY DIFFERENT DENOMINATIONS. There are some huge fundamental differences between the denominations and even differences between some churches within denominations.The faith has been perverted?? Has anybody here ever been to a ROCOR service? The Catholic Church is still against science?? Has anybody here been taught the Catholic interpreta tions of the Old Testament? It gets them in trouble with many pProtestants actually because they're so keen on a figurative interpretation instead of a more literal one.Yeah, the SOME of SOME of the churches have screwed up throughout history. Also, some non-religious folks have simply used the church's name to gain something for themselves and in doing so, ruined a part of the reputation. Some folks here didn't like going to a service. Some very unfortunate folks have experienced discrimination at the hands of so-called Christians. It is VERY unfortunate but it happens when humans are involved in ANYTHING. Something will go wrong.Many folks here express distaste for being crammed into a stereotype. So to those of you who are ironically guilty of cramming ALL Christians into one in this convo, please kindly think twice beore voicing such intolerant opinions again. Also, please try to do more thorough research before a judgement is reached in one's mind. To the rest of ya, please don't mind my ranting post.Seriously though, I'm sure some of the folks making such horrid claims about all Christians would stick up for Muslims. Our Brothers of the Book are going through way worse what with 9/11. But you know what? It is the same thing! Not all Muslims are alike. There isn't one denomination. They all cannot be lumped into the category of "terrorists" because of what a few have done. Also, they have a very violent history against Europe. Would some of you venture to bring that up against all of them? No. Because I think we all are ABOVE stereotyping these people.Time to do that with EVERYONE. Let go of your hatred and intolerance. Let your love show. Get to know what you fear because knowledge tends to ease the emotion.Oh, and to OP... It has been around two years so I'm sure my opinion is moot but... Get a different church. I've been to an Orthodox church at which one of the visiting priests had locks. Not all Christians are so close-minded. It is hard sometimes but you must do what's best for preserving your faith.Fun fact! Look up holy fools. These are people who challenged every notion of being a socially ideal Christian and a law-abiding, normal citizen of a nation. In a sense, locks kind of start this for you in the latter sense! :)Love to all and best wishes.

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form