Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i need biblical references to dreadlocks my church kicked me out for wanting to dread

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
walk in to the church sit down and praywhat are they gonna do? have you arrested? physicaly carried out? are they going to stone you?they literaly cannot do a thing if they try go pray outside and ask every parrishioner whos going in to join you dont tell them theyre wrong if they go in but persist show up there week afyer week and every week ask again after u get 1 to join u more will followpeople will feel more real faith outside then inbut seriously what can they do to stop u from praying there?nothing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 08:28:23AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,639 posts
also write an letter to the editor of local papers expose the hypocricity to the media

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Mikey Mikez
@mikey-mikez
14 years ago
90 posts
what church is that??? thats some weird shit going on, i ve never geen kicked out of a church because of hair... find another one.. ;)anyway, how more radical of a christian could u be than to try to look like jesus, meaning u grow hair and beard :D
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
You should write a letter/press release to your local news paper and to newspapers in surrounding counties and states, heck even local news channels. Send it out as an email.
jim
@jim
14 years ago
40 posts
a person that is born in that area, in that time, would not look like my swedish neighbour (he is blond, has blue eyes etc) :)just saying.ive always wondered why people that believes in all that don't question how he is portraited.i find it funny myself. soaringeagle said:
there is depending what version u search it could say he had hair like wool or hair like ropes i used a bible seach engine that can search 100 different versions of the boble each version provides pretty different results
but i think most scholars now believe jesus was arab or dark skinned , black or arabian so the whole image your familiar with is failtly inacurate, just like the image of jesus was manufactured by european white churches during the misddle ages so were most versions of the bible as well, even the very basic 10 commandments have been altererd by man to suite mans desires. for instance thou shalt not kill odviosly the most precios commandment that presserves all lidfe was altered to be thou shalt not murder this allows killing of animals, of "enemoes" of heathens

jesus himself as well as joseph and john the baptists were nazarites who took the nazarite vow.

heres the bible search i used
http://www.biblegateway.com/
Atom
@atom
14 years ago
124 posts
I'd say try to search for a different place to fellowship at. I loove my church and they're all starting to accept it because they know I walk with the Lord and am not crazy.. Tho I do look crazy sometimes at church. Like everyone said tho, that's lame and doesn't really make sense for them to kick you out. What denomination is it? It's sad that ppl see things like this n get this bad view of christianity. But i assure you all that there are good churches.. Many will have their "goats or wolves in sheeps clothing" but all around they are a great place to come together and fellowship and learn more about our Savior an creator of the world. And the "church" is actually the body of Christ. (the believers) so we go to the "temple" to give tithes and learn and grow with and from other godly men and women. Church or temple or whatever u wna call it. I just dnt wnt ppl to think all of them are like that. Especially not a reformed church. And also just want to say that there was justice that needed to be served to all of us for sinning against God. And God, being eternal, had to give us an eternal punishment. Hell. And the only thing in the world that could have satisfied that justice and took it's place is the perfect Jesus Christ, the creator of the universe, taking all of our blame and dying in our place on the cross. So for those who put their faith in Him, are considered blameless n are saved from the wrath of God.. The penalty was paid for all who repent n believe in this gospel. How amazing is that!? Goodness! How blessed we are! N if anyone wants to talk about this stuff, I'm always down. He saved me.. So yaa, Im forever trying to do his will.. Which is to tell everyone about Him and what He has done. Jesus is the real deal folks. :)
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
What I am curious about is how all this went down...did the pastor or minister come to you and say just don't come back..or cut your hair..or what? Did some church counsel vote or something? I just wonder if this was the pastor alone, if his personal feelings were all that was involved...perhaps, others at your church would not support his views. Have you spoken to others from your church about this at all? I am shocked that a church could be of this mind set and treat you so badly. Unfortunately, many atrocities have been committed in the name of G*d. I think you should find another house of worship, but I also think that the church as a whole should be aware of why you are leaving before you do...as I said, perhaps not everyone agrees with this thinking. Whatever you do...bless you.
Panterra Caraway
@panterra-caraway
14 years ago
667 posts
Thanks Sister : ) Sister Rags said:
Good questions & points, Panterra.
SillyWalkingMinister
@sillywalkingminister
14 years ago
327 posts
Try Scientology...Excellent for wierd people :)
Jdwood
@jdwood
14 years ago
275 posts
I like that, I got "reprimanded" at my old "church" ( I am not a believer any more) for growing a beard I pretty much said the same thing but they don't usually care what you have to say high control groups are there for the power not the people. If they want to dictate how you look it's better to leave before things get worst. GreyGargoyle said:
Ironically, Jesus wouldn't be allowed in that church... Stupid, ain't it?

No point in going to a church that denies it's savior.

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form