Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i need biblical references to dreadlocks my church kicked me out for wanting to dread

Matted Dew
@matted-dew
14 years ago
213 posts
9And if any man die very suddenly by him, and he hath defiled the head of his consecration; then he shall shave his head in the day of his cleansing, on the seventh day shall he shave it.
updated by @matted-dew: 07/23/15 12:13:05AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
whats the quote about ..umm paraphrasing since im too tired to rememberand come the judgment day his hand shall rake the land and tangle in the locks of thre righteous lifting them to the promised land

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
That is 2 of the best lines of writing i have ever read soaringeagle said:
whats the quote about ..umm paraphrasing since im too tired to remember

and come the judgment day his hand shall rake the land and tangle in the locks of thre righteous lifting them to the promised land
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
14 years ago
298 posts
Duuuude im not religious at all but if i was i wouldnt go to the money grabbing church to praise (THEY HAVE THERE OWN CITY! WTF) i would go outside and site with the birds and bees (and if u believe this sort of stuff all of gods creations) and praise the lord for a what wondurful job he has done :)
Joshua Cameron
@joshua-cameron
14 years ago
3 posts
if they kicked you out because of that maybe its time to find a new church.seeing as christianity is about loving others as yourself, accepting other peoples differences, and loving them just the same. its about becoming more like jesus and reaching out to the poor and needy, not about discriminating just because of someone's hair.
River Dax
@river-dax
14 years ago
1 posts
John the Baptist had dreadlocks and Jesus' brother had them down to his ankles. Samson had seven locks and when they were cut he lost his great strength.Can't really prove it as it they are not around today.... I will try to find a reference but don't hold me to that :) Hope that helpsAlso....if they kidded you out, I agree with the others. Find a new church! They have forgotten to 'Love thy neighbour' and all that.
Jake Holland
@jake-holland
14 years ago
203 posts
yup soaringeagle said:
but honestly any church that would dare kick u out for your hair is a church worth having nothing to do with
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i'd tell the preist "fine, kick me out i'll just create my own religion..one that makes sense and yours will crumble and fall..remember judhe not lest the be judged? well ye be judged ye be judged guilty of turning your flock away from god, guilty of predjuduce and hatred. who would christ want by his side a man who simply wants to be a "good christian" (whatever that means) or a preist who wants to control how his parishoners dress look think and act through force and fear of being cast out?jesus said, come onto me, not get the hell out..my locks have a greatter chance of getting me into heaven then your church ever did anyway..

--
Akal Sahai
@akal-sahai
14 years ago
39 posts
Sister Rags is right about the controlling aspect! Sometimes events like this in our life are eye-openers into what power we have been allowing others to have over us. In this case, an entire congregation. That is not a loving environment; I wish you some peace. Sister Rags said:
How horrifying that your church has an issue with dreadlocks. I guess now I HAVE heard it all.

Please search all around online, for there is a load of info about Jews and early Christians having dreads. LOADS of info. Read about the Nazarites...just one group.

As for a beard...WTH?!?! The Bible CLEARLY states that every man over the age of 13 should have a beard. Orthodox Jews never shave off their beards, under any circumstances except medical necessity.

But I will be very blunt: Any church that is so controlling is not a spiritually healthy environment. Please take that into serious consideration.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
the preist kicked you out for being holier then him, most likely he had just finnished molesting an alterboy and then saw you being holier then he ever could be and he feared youstart your own churchu wont have to pay taxes and you'll always have alterboys to bow to your authority and kiss your ass (literaly)sorry dont mean to be insulting just find it pretty ironic that the church accepts and protects molesters but how dare you let your hair get tangled?

--

/ 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form