Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

i need biblical references to dreadlocks my church kicked me out for wanting to dread

Brandon Law
@brandon-law
14 years ago
3 posts

Okay I was referred to this site from yahoo answers because I could not find answers to my questions. About six months ago I was kicked out of a church for growing my hair out and my intentions to dread and the beard did not help lol. Anyways I keep hearing people say there are biblical references to dreadlocks and what not but nobody can give them to me. So what are biblical references to dreads in the bible? Any info would be great, thanks ahead of time!

updated by @brandon-law: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i edited the title and moved it for ulet me see what i can find

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Brandon Law
@brandon-law
14 years ago
3 posts
Thanks soaringeagle said:
i edited the title and moved it for u
let me see what i can find
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
Numbers 6:5 (King James Version)5All the days of the vow of his separation there shall no razor come upon his head: until the days be fulfilled, in the which he separateth himself unto the LORD, he shall be holy, and shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow.Judges 16:13 (King James Version)13And Delilah said unto Samson, Hitherto thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: tell me wherewith thou mightest be bound. And he said unto her, If thou weavest the seven locks of my head with the web.Judges 16:19 (King James Version)19And she made him sleep upon her knees; and she called for a man, and she caused him to shave off the seven locks of his head; and she began to afflict him, and his strength went from him.(theres hundreds of refferences):1 (King James Version)Song of Solomon 41Behold, thou art fair, my love; behold, thou art fair; thou hast doves' eyes within thy locks: thy hair is as a flock of goats, that appear from mount Gilead.Song of Solomon 4:3 (King James Version)Numbers 61And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,2Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When either man or woman shall separate themselves to vow a vow of a Nazarite, to separate themselves unto the LORD:3He shall separate himself from wine and strong drink, and shall drink no vinegar of wine, or vinegar of strong drink, neither shall he drink any liquor of grapes, nor eat moist grapes, or dried.4All the days of his separation shall he eat nothing that is made of the vine tree, from the kernels even to the husk.5All the days of the vow of his separation there shall no razor come upon his head: until the days be fulfilled, in the which he separateth himself unto the LORD, he shall be holy, and shall let the locks of the hair of his head grow.6All the days that he separateth himself unto the LORD he shall come at no dead body.7He shall not make himself unclean for his father, or for his mother, for his brother, or for his sister, when they die: because the consecration of his God is upon his head.8All the days of his separation he is holy unto the LORD.9And if any man die very suddenly by him, and he hath defiled the head of his consecration; then he shall shave his head in the day of his cleansing, on the seventh day shall he shave it.10And on the eighth day he shall bring two turtles, or two young pigeons, to the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation:11And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering, and make an atonement for him, for that he sinned by the dead, and shall hallow his head that same day.12And he shall consecrate unto the LORD the days of his separation, and shall bring a lamb of the first year for a trespass offering: but the days that were before shall be lost, because his separation was defiled.13And this is the law of the Nazarite, when the days of his separation are fulfilled: he shall be brought unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation:14And he shall offer his offering unto the LORD, one he lamb of the first year without blemish for a burnt offering, and one ewe lamb of the first year without blemish for a sin offering, and one ram without blemish for peace offerings,15And a basket of unleavened bread, cakes of fine flour mingled with oil, and wafers of unleavened bread anointed with oil, and their meat offering, and their drink offerings.16And the priest shall bring them before the LORD, and shall offer his sin offering, and his burnt offering:17And he shall offer the ram for a sacrifice of peace offerings unto the LORD, with the basket of unleavened bread: the priest shall offer also his meat offering, and his drink offering.18And the Nazarite shall shave the head of his separation at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and shall take the hair of the head of his separation, and put it in the fire which is under the sacrifice of the peace offerings.19And the priest shall take the sodden shoulder of the ram, and one unleavened cake out of the basket, and one unleavened wafer, and shall put them upon the hands of the Nazarite, after the hair of his separation is shaven:20And the priest shall wave them for a wave offering before the LORD: this is holy for the priest, with the wave breast and heave shoulder: and after that the Nazarite may drink wine.21This is the law of the Nazarite who hath vowed, and of his offering unto the LORD for his separation, beside that that his hand shall get: according to the vow which he vowed, so he must do after the law of his separation.22And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,23Speak unto Aaron and unto his sons, saying, On this wise ye shall bless the children of Israel, saying unto them,24The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:25The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:26The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.27And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel, and I will bless them.theres moreebut heres a few3Thy lips are like a thread of scarlet, and thy speech is comely: thy temples are like a piece of a pomegranate within thy locks

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
but honestly any church that would dare kick u out for your hair is a church worth having nothing to do with

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
Ironically, Jesus wouldn't be allowed in that church... Stupid, ain't it?No point in going to a church that denies it's savior.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
church memberships are dwindling all over the country theyre starting to ressort more and more to gimmiks to draw in people they really cant afford to be throwing people outbut you know you should be thankfulif you want to get in touch with god where do u think is a better place? a 4 walled box where your to stand kneel sit kneel stand on cue and be "trained" like a mindless monkey yo obey and perform on cue.. or meditating praying and worshiping in naturethe earth itself can be your church the birds the bugs the grass and trees your preacherive felt more in touch with the devine the farther i get away from walls and preists

--
GreyGargoyle
@greygargoyle
14 years ago
569 posts
I agree. A church is a good rock to sit on, not a big fancy building.
Brandon Law
@brandon-law
14 years ago
3 posts
I appreciate it, Is there an references to jesus's hair? Truly interesting. Well that is all and I agree but he said to spread the word and what better place is there to find people looking for answers then a church that practices legalism. Im praying for answers and researching so I can understand and spread the real word. Just overwhelming at times, You know?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
there is depending what version u search it could say he had hair like wool or hair like ropes i used a bible seach engine that can search 100 different versions of the boble each version provides pretty different resultsbut i think most scholars now believe jesus was arab or dark skinned , black or arabian so the whole image your familiar with is failtly inacurate, just like the image of jesus was manufactured by european white churches during the misddle ages so were most versions of the bible as well, even the very basic 10 commandments have been altererd by man to suite mans desires. for instance thou shalt not kill odviosly the most precios commandment that presserves all lidfe was altered to be thou shalt not murder this allows killing of animals, of "enemoes" of heathensjesus himself as well as joseph and john the baptists were nazarites who took the nazarite vow.heres the bible search i used http://www.biblegateway.com/

--
 / 10

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form