Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

picture results of using wax

nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
12 years ago
54 posts

soooo iv had my dreads for about 2 ys now and a few of them are really hard and i always wondered why...i finally cut into them to find this..

just wanted to show anyone who is thinking about using wax...

IV DONE THE BS VINEGER BODY SPLASH WASH A FEW TIMES DOESNT SEEM TO WORK...MAYB BC MY DREADS R SO THICK??

ALSO IS IT HARMFUL TO MY HAIR HOW I CUT IT?

updated by @nicole-hernandez: 02/14/15 07:54:41AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

ewww wow

i would try the wax b gone from www.dreadlockshampoo.com id use it several times

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
nicole hernandez
@nicole-hernandez
12 years ago
54 posts

IS ME CUTTING THE OUTSIDE LIKE THAT HARMFUL?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

well its hard to see how deep u cut but yea ofcourse cutting into the dreads going to cut alotta hairs its probably no mor harmful then crocheting that section tho.. your dreads pretty damn fat so its not likely to make it break or anything

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the thickness of them doesnt help that makes it extra hard to get out

--
Tara C
@tara-c
12 years ago
644 posts

Wow. How long were you using the wax for? Man, that's crazy. It's too bad that these wax horror stories won't even change many people's minds about using wax, cos they tend to assume those people just used too much, but...all wax is hard to get out, so you'll still be stuck with it. But yeah, try the wax removal thing definitely, there was someone who made a discussion testing it out on beeswax (I think) and it worked well, so that'd be your best shot.

Elodie-grace young
@elodie-grace-young
12 years ago
1 posts

aw man bad luck , u had some great locks too such a shame ,

Stephani
@stephani
12 years ago
70 posts

You could also try Vitamin C tablets crushed up and mixed with a little hot water, when it mixed it should be the consistency of a thin jelly. put it all over, with a plastic bag on top and sit in the sun for about an hour. This mixture will remove any kind of mineral build-up (well water, chlorine pool water, etc). I've not tried it for wax removal, but it's totally worth a try. Your locks are super thick though so I'd maybe leave it on longer then an hour.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

the wax remover will help beeswax is extra hard to remove and it got it out in like 3 or 4 aapplications sincxe yours seems kinda thick and heavy buildup it probly could use a dozen applications to be extra sure u gert it

--
ashley roseman
@ashley-roseman
12 years ago
9 posts

How long did you use wax? I heard asked once before me.

/ 4

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form