Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Will my part disappear?

clementine_jam
@clementine-jam
13 years ago
13 posts

So far I am really lovin' my dreadies, but my two front dreads have chosen to fall in a middle part, which I'm not lovin' so much. The way my face is shaped makes a middle part look very unflattering, and it looks super funky when I put my dreads up in a bun or updo. My family has even pointed out how odd it looks. Basically, I'm wondering if the part will eventually disappear, or if i should comb them out and create one dread going straight back or falling to one side so I don't have a part at all. My two front dreads are skinnier than the rest of my head so it would be okay to combine them into one dread. I wear scarves on my head and my dreads half back more than I wear them all down if that makes a difference. Also, I have been considering possibly making sort of long-ish bangs if one dread straight back would look funny as well. Any thoughts?

I'm including pictures so you guys can see what I'm talking about :)

updated by @clementine-jam: 01/13/15 08:53:54PM
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
13 years ago
298 posts
Yo b ! i had the same issue, i dont like centre part much either and my dreads chose to fall like that but after the roots grow out abit i started pushing one back and to the side so now it looks like it does if u go on my profile and have a look man ! It should all be fine start easing one in a deff direction like when u put a hat on just push that one back eventually it will start to grow thaty way and then when the roots grow out u can flop em where ever u like :D
Jack Roth
@jack-roth
13 years ago
298 posts
Doesnt look bad any way :)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
u call that looking funny? my god your gorgouse! but serously your worried about nothing tey look amazing and yea they will sort themselves our as u seperate they fill in the gaps with loose hair that later dreads itselfbutyou can always toss 1 over 1 side or the otherbut really your face shape makes u look weird? are u kidding? u look incredible and if thats weird then i like weird

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Kyle
@kyle
13 years ago
14 posts

Once they get settled, the part will also seem less distinctive.

clementine_jam
@clementine-jam
13 years ago
13 posts

Haha thanks man! Yeah, I like the way yours turned out! It looks great :D Thanks so much for the good advice, I'll have to try that!

Jack Roth said:

Yo b ! i had the same issue, i dont like centre part much either and my dreads chose to fall like that but after the roots grow out abit i started pushing one back and to the side so now it looks like it does if u go on my profile and have a look man ! It should all be fine start easing one in a deff direction like when u put a hat on just push that one back eventually it will start to grow thaty way and then when the roots grow out u can flop em where ever u like :D
clementine_jam
@clementine-jam
13 years ago
13 posts
Thanks everybody! :D I guess I'll keep it! haha, or maybe sometime in the future if the middle part is still super distinct, I'll flop one over to the other side or something...who knows! haha, but anyways, I feel a lot better about it, thanks!
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
13 years ago
217 posts
i just flop my front ones back and forth all the time. *shrug*
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts
yeah I like the part!! I have one too....but it's a little to the right instead exactly in the middle.
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form