Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dry Scalp, Tender Scalp, Sores on Scalp

AytuCampese
@aytucampese
8 years ago
1 posts

I have been using the twisting/sectioning method for about 12 months. I haven't really twisted my hair for the last 4 months... But just recently I have noticed a couple of sores starting to form on the center of the top of my head. I did at the beginning of my journey use a product by Lockology called their locking butter... I tried to do the best research I could and I was under the assumption that this product was one of the more natural products one could buy. I stumbled across this website 'dreadlockssite' at one in the morning... Needless to say, a few articles and a few hours later I started getting a little nervous when I read that twisting and pulling along with use of products can ultimately ruin your scalp and dreads... Just looking for some friendly advice so I might be able to go to sleep without thinking I need to shave my head... At this point my dreads seem to be quite locked up and I'm not quite sure what I'm supposed to do. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

just stop the twisting entirely and it ill be ok

ikt takes a lot of twisting to get beyond repair...your not there yet..so if you stop twisting it will just self repair

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

little teatree oil on the sores will keep them clean and help them heal

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus