dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

will these dreads grow out?

fundoo
@fundoo
8 years ago
41 posts

Hey everyone! 

Well, ok, my concern is about...well, it happens to be this one t&r in the back that is the worst. And well, I kept calling them all "crocheted" dreads, but I honestly think this one was more neglect since it was so hard to reach back there. Ah! I wish I kept better notes in the beginning. Well, so that, or one of those, is the method...

the concern is that even after the like 80% shrinkage (lots of shrinkage), well it is still tightening up and maybe shrinking still. I thought it was growing out. The root end seems like it is, but I can't notice much significant growth in the total length...or even girth. (and it is a "mature" dread, based on its texture)

*ok, well I just measured this one again, and it shrunk again!  (after growing out some the last time i measured)

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone has experienced such shrinkage issues and/or this shrink+growth phenomenon? As I said, this one was the most neglected dread, so why is it giving me so much trouble!? *sigh and is it possible the dreads are like dying or something? how can i be assured they are alright? 

updated by @fundoo: 07/28/16 02:50:34AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

mature isn't measured by texture nor by tightness but by when they stop changing so much ...and are growing well past the shrinking stage

how old are they

if they are not into the 2nd year then your concerns are extremely premature

any crocheting may delay maturity

they will grow they  have to grow but they can't grow till they finish shrinking

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form