Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

Bummed out...thinning out in center/end of dreadlocks

DonnaMamarie
@donna2
3 years ago
7 posts
My dreads are all natural, free-form dreadlocks, 5 years old. I'm bummed out because one of my locs is thinning out towards the bottom. The end is thick, and the roots are thick, but I've got about a four inch section that is really thin. I know the end will eventually fall off. Is this common? I am thinking that the cause is from using the dread to tie up other dreads. The root is behind my ear by the base if my scull. It has been a go to for tiring up other locs. I'm just wondering if others have had this problem.
joey4
@joey4
3 years ago
4 posts

I think it's normal for more mature dreads. Mine are natural about 4 years old, and I have the same thing going on with one of my favorite locks. A few of my ends have broken off small parts already, but I believe that is mainly from the sun drying them out. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,421 posts

probl.y from the baking soda use

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
DonnaMamarie
@donna2
3 years ago
7 posts

The end fell off last night :( oh well. I hope it dosnt keep happening. I've stopped using baking soda. I use it once in a great while.

image.jpg
image.jpg  •  282KB

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,421 posts

i lost the longest peice ever 2 daqys ago in the shower  panterra suggested a hair mask every month mixing coconut oill mashed up avcado  and if desired some aloe  cover your dreads in   it  cover with a plastic bag leave in 24 hoirs then shampoo out thouroughly that will deeply nourish and strengthen them

i'm going to try it this weekend i think

--
DonnaMamarie
@donna2
3 years ago
7 posts

Let me know how that works out for you Soaring Eagle. I have started conditioning my ends with jojoba oil.

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
3 years ago
28,421 posts

i used argon oil right after seeing that

panterras the expert

so ill try her recomendations

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle