Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

need help getting kink/curl out of my dreads

marleyhead
@marleyhead
9 years ago
11 posts
hey dreadworld, i needed a little help w/ my dreads. I recently had them styled and braided for my birthday. today i took them out and my hair is curly and kind of have a kink to it, so I was just wondering if there are any tips for get them straight again

p.s. my dreads in the back are straight but the ones on the side and the top are curly

I also have been growing them for about a year and 2 months so they have some type of length. thanks!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

wash em a time or 2 but whats wrong with kinks and curls, why should they be straight

but if its just from braiding washing them a couple times should do it even once should do it

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
marleyhead
@marleyhead
9 years ago
11 posts

☮ soaring eagle ॐ:
wash em a time or 2 but whats wrong with kinks and curls, why should they be straight but if its just from braiding washing them a couple times should do it even once should do it

ahh thank you so much! i love the curl and kink look but i just think it would look alot better if they were more longer thats all lol

question: should I shampoo and condition it or just shampoo it?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

your african american i see  so some conditionings go9od though u want something that will not build up

and a lil warning about those tight braided styles and  forced tightening of the roots they will cause balding in a hurry the braided styles are great for an event... horific if u leave them in weeks or months

that whole scalp showing look salons push as neat is severely unhealthy

--
marleyhead
@marleyhead
9 years ago
11 posts

wowwwww! really?? that makes a lot of sense when you think about it. thank you so much for the insight, so glad you told me that. yes no more styling for me for a long time

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

this is a rather extreme example...worse case ive seen ever, but notice how  shes sitting in a salon chair having them retwisted and styled

even though they are so severely damaged

--
marleyhead
@marleyhead
9 years ago
11 posts

omg wtffff! she is beyond bald..hate to laugh but sheesh!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

yea ive seen alot of severe cases u will see some here we saved i tho9ught were beyond hope, but thats the worse i ever saw and that loctician should be sued

but ill be back in an hour

--
marleyhead
@marleyhead
9 years ago
11 posts

lol yesss! sued and license revoked

ok hear from ya later!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

i always thought a liscence to tangle hair was an odd concept but then after seeing some of nthe things those who have liscences do to  people i think to call yourself a loctician you should be required to not do most of what they do

--
 / 2

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form