Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Do I like them? I dont know

The Hippie Circle
@the-hippie-circle
11 years ago
34 posts
Hi Michelle :)I am exactly one month in with mine. Today my gf took a picture of me and I look pretty terrible. But yesterday I took a picture on my phone to send to my friend and they look pretty sweet.Be patient. Even the worst hair days can be fixed with a cute scarf or hat, much like regular bad hair days. I am going to a huge EDM show tomorrow night where all the girls are young and gorgeous with perfectly coiffed hair and great bodies. Yeeeeah. Reaching for that scarf right now. :)Everyone here is right. Dreading really is a journey of spirit more than hair. Just coming to the decision to dread your hair is monumental if you think about it. However, you gotta feel good with your commitment. There is a reality that they might not be meant for you.Be well :)
updated by @the-hippie-circle: 07/23/15 03:28:36PM
Cole Morton
@cole-morton
11 years ago
109 posts

I know how you feel, I have days where I do not fell "pretty" anymore like I don't seem to fit "the mold". But just like everyone here has said (and honestly the piece of advice I have heard so far) lose the mirror. I had to cover mine up at one point. I however have always known those were passing moments. I love my hair and I wouldn't change it for the world. You may however, decide that they are not for you, and that is ok. I think your dreads are beautiful but they are not what makes you beautiful. You are the only person who can choose. Much love and clarity your way friend.

Patience
@patience
11 years ago
51 posts

I think they look lovely and over 100 seems like a great number - they'll look amazing when they mature. If I wasn't loving going natural I'd want tnr's just like yours lol

But as with what everyone else has said it's really down to what you think. It must be a bit strange to suddenly have different hair one day - if that's what you've been feeling then you could comb them and try going natural to see if that makes the difference. If not then looking far enough ahead to imagine how they'll mature is a very long time to contemplate. Perhaps give yourself a few more weeks - try not to worry about how they look - just take the time to feel them and get to know them and then decide if you love them and want them to stay. Try to let the choices take their own time - nothing needs to be decided now :)

Danielle Hache
@danielle-hache
11 years ago
100 posts

wow they look awesome man .....ditch the mirror for a year or so lol ......id leave em they look great

April Brown
@april-brown
11 years ago
49 posts

Wow I am slightly jealous of how many you have lol I think they came out awesome and if you think their too thin you can always let some join together as they mature!

Michelle Michael
@michelle-michael
11 years ago
8 posts

Thank you all for your responses

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form