Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Nature and dreadlocks

Apollo
@apollo
15 years ago
80 posts
those two words for some reason just have always clicked to me. One of my friends who has dreads was telling how its sad how people these days are now making dreadlocks. He told me dreadlocks were never started that way. And i said your right there.He also told back then there was no such thing as backcombing or all these other methods use to create dreadlocks.i was amazed at what he said
updated by @apollo: 02/14/15 06:18:14AM
Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
*jaw drops* That's absolutely right. Even after backcombing and other methods, they unravel and knot up by themselves. So those methods are just to control sectioning.Now it brings me to this question, why do we have dreadlocks? Why did humans adapt to grow them?
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
thats exactly whhat i always say..and jester..we have dreads because we are natural humans living as close to our natural way as possible..dreads are the natural state of hair its whats nmeant to be when you stop all unnatural processes, thats why tio me unnatural processes like backcombing and crochet make no sence tro me for making what nature creates naturaly(and beautifuly)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Apollo
@apollo
15 years ago
80 posts
i agree with both you...thats how cavemen made dreadlocks also soaringeagle said:
thats exactly whhat i always say..
and jester..
we have dreads because we are natural humans living as close to our natural way as possible..
dreads are the natural state of hair its whats nmeant to be when you stop all unnatural processes, thats why tio me unnatural processes like backcombing and crochet make no sence tro me for making what nature creates naturaly

(and beautifuly)
Iain
@iain
15 years ago
844 posts
every day I'm more surprised about the dumb things said about locks simply because people don't know a thing about them,especially the number of people who think that you MAKE them, nothing makes them, only time does,you can manipulate the hair or mangle it w/e, but even then that's not going to become a true lock without time and care (not as in maintenance care but like cleaning properly so it doesn't smell bad and of course,,, love :)
Antony
@antony
15 years ago
80 posts
Hmm, that was really philosophical. Really deep stuff.I was just wondering why it happens, not why we choose to do it. I was just curious as to what the purpose of the adaptation in the human race was. soaringeagle said:
and jester..
we have dreads because we are natural humans living as close to our natural way as possible..
dreads are the natural state of hair its whats nmeant to be when you stop all unnatural processes, thats why tio me unnatural processes like backcombing and crochet make no sence tro me for making what nature creates naturaly

(and beautifuly)
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
multiple purposesreligions tend to belikeve the hand of god will rake the earth on judgment day and the dreads of thge rightous will tangle in his fingers and be lifted to the promiced landsocialy it sets you apart from mindless conformistsemotionaly it gives you courage to face descrimination and insultsit also sets yiu free from the mundane vanityit alows you to be free of the daily grooming rituals while still always looking your bestit guides you towards seeking wisdom and understranding of natrure and it in a way is a direct path to your truesrt selfalso all lifes experiences are recorded in your hair, cutting the hair seveers ties to those experiences, having the hair bound up in matts all experiences become interconnected so your understrandingf of the intertwining relationships between all things all experiences leads towards wisdom Fiend Jester said:
Hmm, that was really philosophical. Really deep stuff.
I was just wondering why it happens, not why we choose to do it. I was just curious as to what the purpose of the adaptation in the human race was.

soaringeagle said:
and jester..

(and beautifuly)

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Emily
@emily
15 years ago
203 posts
i really like this, its so true! soaringeagle said:
multiple purposes
religions tend to belikeve the hand of god will rake the earth on judgment day and the dreads of thge rightous will tangle in his fingers and be lifted to the promiced land
socialy it sets you apart from mindless conformists
emotionaly it gives you courage to face descrimination and insults
it also sets yiu free from the mundane vanity
it alows you to be free of the daily grooming rituals while still always looking your best
it guides you towards seeking wisdom and understranding of natrure and it in a way is a direct path to your truesrt self

also all lifes experiences are recorded in your hair, cutting the hair seveers ties to those experiences, having the hair bound up in matts all experiences become interconnected so your understrandingf of the intertwining relationships between all things all experiences leads towards wisdom

Fiend Jester said:
Hmm, that was really philosophical. Really deep stuff.
I was just wondering why it happens, not why we choose to do it. I was just curious as to what the purpose of the adaptation in the human race was.

soaringeagle said:
and jester..

(and beautifuly)
Apollo
@apollo
15 years ago
80 posts
Yeah dreadlocks were never ment to be a created hairstyle....its hairstyle that is created by its self Iain said:
every day I'm more surprised about the dumb things said about locks simply because people don't know a thing about them,
especially the number of people who think that you MAKE them, nothing makes them, only time does,
you can manipulate the hair or mangle it w/e, but even then that's not going to become a true lock without time and care (not as in maintenance care but like cleaning properly so it doesn't smell bad and of course,,, love :)
Apollo
@apollo
15 years ago
80 posts
If i can go back in time i would have just not comb at all i regret the backcombing Vaccine said:
im starting to think that i rather have just did my locks naturally cause its starting to seem kinda weird to me now emotionally. lol. idk what it is.
i love my hair as it is now, but i had a spot of some hair that wasn't backcombed and it started to dread up naturally so i have an all natural lock on my head. :P
i've had some pretty chill people ask me what they should do to get them and i told em just to throw away the conditioner and comb and see what happens. :D
 / 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form