Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

What's the weirdest question you've been asked towards your dreads?

Didjeridurian
@didjeridurian
7 years ago
292 posts
A few years ago when I was in a very removed phase of my life I was basically living outside barefoot and just wandering. When I would visit my friends they would always be finding TONS of ladybugs living in my hair. I actually liked that alot. Its like being a rhino with birds or a shark with little fishy passengers.I guess its worth saying that I was simultaneously going through a pretty heavy LSD/PSILOCYBIN phase lolMatthew said:
Yesss! I remember that day. I was looking through his dreads, because he said that he had felt something move on his scalp. So I looked, and sure enough, there was a spider.

I said, "Uhmmm, Cecilio, there's....a spider in your dreads..."
He freaked out, and immediately cut them without even thinking. Eesh.

Anyway, I really don't see how we look like stoners.
Like, if you see the aboriginal people of Australia and their dreads, you don't think of that, do you? Seriously. So weird.

Vaccine said:
there was a spider in your friends dreads?? oh dear...im not going to sleep well tonight. haha, cause there was this huge ass spider in my car today and i don't like spiders... :/ lol

i had this dude ask me if i had weed on me one night. after saying no to the guy i turn around to my friend who was with me and i said, "do i look like a stoner to you?" and he said, "well yea, you have dreads!" what the hell does that supposed to mean? hahaha, life is awesome sometimes.

updated by @didjeridurian: 07/22/15 06:40:19AM
Kellye
@kellye
7 years ago
91 posts
ladybugs! i would much rather find ladybugs in my hair then spiders hahaha :)most recently i would say the strangest thing i got was from some jamacian guy at the fair. his brother had dreads !THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL btw! they kept calling me rasta though that was strange. they told me i shoulkd go someday i wish i coukd that would be the shit!!
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
7 years ago
154 posts
i got asked if i was born with them. once someone asked me if it was my hair too. its so strange how ppl think but i mean if they never seen them then i guesse its no suprise why they are just so oblivious to em
hippie mama
@hippie-mama
7 years ago
154 posts
i would like to go to jamaica although i heard some parts are really dangerousKellye said:
ladybugs! i would much rather find ladybugs in my hair then spiders hahaha :)

most recently i would say the strangest thing i got was from some jamacian guy at the fair. his brother had dreads !THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL btw! they kept calling me rasta though that was strange. they told me i shoulkd go someday i wish i coukd that would be the shit!!
echolynnrain
@echolynnrain
7 years ago
72 posts
Funny stuff. I think that 311 song, "Who's Got The Herb?" is to blame as far the weed thing goes, lol.
Adam Ligster
@adam-ligster
7 years ago
22 posts
probably the most off putting is when people want to touch my hair. I've gotten that question in a bowling alley, in a bar, and from the person workin behind the counter at a gas station.I also get " hey do ya know where I can get any green?" more times than I can count. especially at concerts, people act like i just walked in there with a lb. i need to get rid of... its rediculousmy favorite was when i met a hair stylist at a bar and she wanted to know how i got them done. I just liked that she, the all knowing of hair, had no clue about dreads. i laughed a lil on the inside
Holypipi
@holypipi
7 years ago
16 posts
An old lady ask me that yesterday at the mall, I was like hmm... yes and she started pulling them... >.<Iain said:
"Are those real?"

or questions about my hair being hospitable for spiders, idk about that one..
Matthew
@matthew
7 years ago
109 posts
That's so cool! :D They ladybug part! I'd like to house my head for other living creatures. Just nothing that bites. (:Didjeridurian said:
A few years ago when I was in a very removed phase of my life I was basically living outside barefoot and just wandering. When I would visit my friends they would always be finding TONS of ladybugs living in my hair. I actually liked that alot. Its like being a rhino with birds or a shark with little fishy passengers.
I guess its worth saying that I was simultaneously going through a pretty heavy LSD/PSILOCYBIN phase lol

Matthew said:
Yesss! I remember that day. I was looking through his dreads, because he said that he had felt something move on his scalp. So I looked, and sure enough, there was a spider.

I said, "Uhmmm, Cecilio, there's....a spider in your dreads..."
He freaked out, and immediately cut them without even thinking. Eesh.

Anyway, I really don't see how we look like stoners.
Like, if you see the aboriginal people of Australia and their dreads, you don't think of that, do you? Seriously. So weird.

Vaccine said:
there was a spider in your friends dreads?? oh dear...im not going to sleep well tonight. haha, cause there was this huge ass spider in my car today and i don't like spiders... :/ lol

i had this dude ask me if i had weed on me one night. after saying no to the guy i turn around to my friend who was with me and i said, "do i look like a stoner to you?" and he said, "well yea, you have dreads!" what the hell does that supposed to mean? hahaha, life is awesome sometimes.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
7 years ago
27,415 posts
when my dreads were short my vietnamese neighbours always cought snakes at a lot down the street ande cause i had a boa they gave my hundreds of snakes. ..i used to go to parties where alotta ppl wiuld be tripping so id take a dozen or so snakes and put em in my dreads, they would vannish into the roots and hide there .. then id be talkin to some trippin person and 1 would decide to poke out its head for a look around..it freaked ppl out but was fun :)and they felt kindas neat wriggling around my scalpi also know a guy who has a pet mouse, hed tie his dreads up in a way trhat left a lil mose cave in the center and his mouse lived in his dreadsliteraly a rats nest u could sayMatthew said:
That's so cool! :D They ladybug part! I'd like to house my head for other living creatures. Just nothing that bites. (:
Didjeridurian said:
A few years ago when I was in a very removed phase of my life I was basically living outside barefoot and just wandering. When I would visit my friends they would always be finding TONS of ladybugs living in my hair. I actually liked that alot. Its like being a rhino with birds or a shark with little fishy passengers.
I guess its worth saying that I was simultaneously going through a pretty heavy LSD/PSILOCYBIN phase lol
Matthew said:
Yesss! I remember that day. I was looking through his dreads, because he said that he had felt something move on his scalp. So I looked, and sure enough, there was a spider.

I said, "Uhmmm, Cecilio, there's....a spider in your dreads..."
He freaked out, and immediately cut them without even thinking. Eesh.Anyway, I really don't see how we look like stoners.Like, if you see the aboriginal people of Australia and their dreads, you don't think of that, do you? Seriously. So weird.Vaccine said:
there was a spider in your friends dreads?? oh dear...im not going to sleep well tonight. haha, cause there was this huge ass spider in my car today and i don't like spiders... :/ lol

i had this dude ask me if i had weed on me one night. after saying no to the guy i turn around to my friend who was with me and i said, "do i look like a stoner to you?" and he said, "well yea, you have dreads!" what the hell does that supposed to mean? hahaha, life is awesome sometimes.



--
Creator and head dreadhead at:
Dreadlocks Site
Glider pilot student at:
Freedoms wings international
jasmine jenae.
@jasmine-jenae
7 years ago
5 posts
i had a very intoxicated 40-something soccer mom-looking come up to me at one of our towns little festivals, grab me by the hair (gently) and ask in a very poliite and slurred voice, "what do you call these things? how do you do them? how do you get them out?"it was very refreshin to have someone ask questions with genuine curiousity and an open mind to learn something about it, rather than just looking at me like i was a freak druggie science project gone wrong........but, then again, if she had been sober, i might have gotten that look anyway.
 
 / 7
 
Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus