Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Forums

What's the weirdest question you've been asked towards your dreads?

Matthew
@matthew
7 years ago
109 posts
Just recently I've been asked how long was it before I started.If I wash them.If they're bug infested.You know, the normal stuff.But just today at work, I was asked if a person could taste them.:|I was a tad...weirded out by the question.But I didn't want them in someone's mouth, that's just...WEIRD.I've often contemplated what my dreads taste like, since almost every smell, and scent I pass through sticks to them.Ha, just thought I'd post this!(:
updated by @matthew: 02/14/15 03:27:03AM
Iain
@iain
7 years ago
845 posts
"Are those real?"or questions about my hair being hospitable for spiders, idk about that one..
Matted Dew
@matted-dew
7 years ago
213 posts
Whats it feel like? like big ropes on ur head all the time?Can I touch them?Lemme get a smell?So you don't wash your hair?How you keepp da buggggs outa there?Did it hurt?Yo, wheres the weed at man?thats all i can think of right now ahhahahhaNams
Matthew
@matthew
7 years ago
109 posts
Haha, I seriously get asked where's the weed by like...3/4 of the people I see.x|Matted Dew said:
Whats it feel like? like big ropes on ur head all the time?
Can I touch them?
Lemme get a smell?
So you don't wash your hair?
How you keepp da buggggs outa there?
Did it hurt?
Yo, wheres the weed at man?

thats all i can think of right now ahhahahha
Nams
Matthew
@matthew
7 years ago
109 posts
My friend had spiders in his dreads once. He used wax as well, if that means anything?It was quite terrible, and gross.Iain said:
"Are those real?"

or questions about my hair being hospitable for spiders, idk about that one..
Iain
@iain
7 years ago
845 posts
Strangely enough I got asked for weed more when I had long curly hair, I mentioned that to my mom and she was like "that's cause no one wants to approach you now"/facepalm
Matthew
@matthew
7 years ago
109 posts
Yesss! I remember that day. I was looking through his dreads, because he said that he had felt something move on his scalp. So I looked, and sure enough, there was a spider.I said, "Uhmmm, Cecilio, there's....a spider in your dreads..."He freaked out, and immediately cut them without even thinking. Eesh.Anyway, I really don't see how we look like stoners.Like, if you see the aboriginal people of Australia and their dreads, you don't think of that, do you? Seriously. So weird.Vaccine said:
there was a spider in your friends dreads?? oh dear...im not going to sleep well tonight. haha, cause there was this huge ass spider in my car today and i don't like spiders... :/ lol

i had this dude ask me if i had weed on me one night. after saying no to the guy i turn around to my friend who was with me and i said, "do i look like a stoner to you?" and he said, "well yea, you have dreads!" what the hell does that supposed to mean? hahaha, life is awesome sometimes.
Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
7 years ago
49 posts
Yeah I get a lot of people who ask if i have to dread them every day.... I can't understand how ANYONE could think it works like that. 'Do you wear it like that all the time or do you ever take them out?' I can't work out if they think they are fake or what...I don't get asked for weed much but people ask me for king skins quite a bit.
Matthew
@matthew
7 years ago
109 posts
Hah, yeahhh. Like..no, it took 9 hours to do. I'm not gonna wake up early to do my hair.I also hate when they're called, "corn rows" instead of dreadlocks.Really? :|Hayley Turner said:
Yeah I get a lot of people who ask if i have to dread them every day.... I can't understand how ANYONE could think it works like that. 'Do you wear it like that all the time or do you ever take them out?' I can't work out if they think they are fake or what...

I don't get asked for weed much but people ask me for king skins quite a bit.
Hayley Turner
@hayley-turner
7 years ago
49 posts
I live in the UK so I've never hear anyone call them corn rows.Anyway I just gotta go put my dreads in... *pfah*Matthew said:
Hah, yeahhh. Like..no, it took 9 hours to do. I'm not gonna wake up early to do my hair.

I also hate when they're called, "corn rows" instead of dreadlocks.
Really? :|

Hayley Turner said:
Yeah I get a lot of people who ask if i have to dread them every day.... I can't understand how ANYONE could think it works like that. 'Do you wear it like that all the time or do you ever take them out?' I can't work out if they think they are fake or what...

I don't get asked for weed much but people ask me for king skins quite a bit.
 / 7

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus