Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Questioning Equal opportunity employment.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

Here's a good reference for you: http://archive.eeoc.gov/types/religion.html

updated by @baba-fats: 07/23/15 04:23:23AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

actualy the nac use of peyote was endorsed by the christian church and gi[overnment

the native americans had not generaly used pyote before the attempt to convert them to chrristianity

not as a regular religios practice anyway its possible it was used by shamans only and in healing but not in typical religios use

however the native americans were not very accepting of criostianity untill the cristian church started the nac and addede the peyote cerimony as a way ioif integration

im not certain it is legaly used or accepted and endorced though but it was introduced by the christian church with the blessing of the government

Baba Fats said:

There's is a lot to prove before you get a religion recognized. ie. specific worship techniques, place of worship, what/who you worship to... the list goes on

Then they have to approve that your method does not violate any laws already in place. The only religion that is allowed to use drugs is the NAC. That's because they are asovereign nation that follow strict religious laws. If the US government found out that they abused peyote, they would probably be revoked as an accepted religion.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

I'm pretty sure it's been accepted for use only in religious ceremonies.

I knew it was use for Shamans. I thought it was also used in other ways too. But I guess you can't fully quote me on that yet. I'll look into it

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
12 years ago
29,640 posts

now its accepted in religios use within the nac

before the nac it was not in general use at all except possibly by shamans and in healings what i meant is the church and state endorsed its use amontg the general population making it a part of the legit althoutgh currupted official religion by currupted i mean blended aspects of shamanism mixed with crixctianity to make it acceoptable

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
GoldenEagle
@goldeneagle
12 years ago
393 posts

Baba, thanks for the link. It is good to know that there are more people spending time to actually learn about Law.

Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

That makes sense. And yes, the whole Reservation system is corrupt. The BIA as a whole is a joke.

Golden eagle, I feel like it's our civic duty to know about the law. There's so much out there for us since the freedom of information act was passed. Plus all of the .gov sites. Most of my recent research has been into the NRC, but that cause I have some strong feelings about it. I had to write a research paper for an environmental bio class a few semesters ago. I still keep tabs on what's going on.

Not only are the sites there for you, but you can always make some phone calls and speak to people directly for more info

Hans Criteanu
@hans-criteanu
12 years ago
32 posts

In January I started working for Vail Resorts (specifically Keystone). Although they hired me w/ dreads and my job required zero customer interaction, after a week or 2 of employment they insisted I keep them as hidden as possible at all times. Coworkers were allowed to keep "well-groomed beards", but I had to remain clean shaven, as long as I wished to keep my dreads. My boss said it was "one or the other". Friday they fired me.

These huge corporations can do whatever they want.

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

Wow Matt.... that sucks. Wtf is wrong with people? What did they say about your dreads during the interview/upon hire?

Hans Criteanu
@hans-criteanu
12 years ago
32 posts

Nothing. They didn't even mention them until I worked for them for a week or so. I should mention too that I moved from Pittsburgh to Colorado for the job and now I'm stuck in a 6-month lease without a job after only 2 months. Awesome.

Whip Thehooper said:

Wow Matt.... that sucks. Wtf is wrong with people? What did they say about your dreads during the interview/upon hire?

Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

I'm sorry. I wish you luck in getting another, much cooler job.

/ 5

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form