Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

my 17 month dreads and I really enjoy having them

momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
13 years ago
159 posts
My dreads are 17 months old now. I get lots of complments on them from all kinds of folks, young and older folks too. At work, in the stores or out at the farmers market. It has been great!! I did have my first the other day...I had a woman who did grab/touch my hair, she loved my dreads and said she JUST had to touch them. Before I could do or say anything she had her hands in my dreads. I heard of this happening to others on this site. It was my first...I did not care for it. It was a real turn off for me. I guess I am a pretty private person and felt that she was in my space when she did that...aggressive. Which I am not. So ...oh well I will move on with my dreads. peace out
updated by @momma-has-dreads: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts
wow they have come a long way :) looking better all the time and i can understand wanting to play with them they look fun to touch

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Danielle Young
@danielle-young
13 years ago
6 posts
I put mine up when I feel there may be an "incidental touching." I don't care for others touching either unless they have been pre-approved and very few are for me.
Heather
@heather
13 years ago
1,291 posts
wow! they look so beautiful! i've been known to ask someone with locks if i could touch them. it's a rarity around here to see someone with them. i was vending in an art show and the woman was asking me about my work and she was really nice. i asked her about her locks and then got up the nerve to ask her if i could touch them. i had never felt dreadlocks before and i was really curious of what the texture of mature locks would feel like. they had the feel of felted wool. i loved them. this was about 6 years ago. i don't know why i waited so long to start my own. i guess i just needed to be more secure with myself first:)
Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
they are gorgeous, I don't mind people touching mine, it gets bad stereo types outta their mind that they're gross and dirty, and I LOVE hearing how great they always smell :D
Maria B
@maria-b
13 years ago
3 posts
I just LOVE your dreads! They are totally awesome! I am proud of your son for talking you into it. I am the one trying to talk my kids into dreading, haha. I am a RN, BSN and just love seeing/hearing about other medical professionals with dreads. Unfortunately I wasn't able to start them when I was a floor nurse. Now I am a Utilization Nurse Reviewer (phone nurse) and the company I work for is the best! They are supportive of diversity,(I have dreads, gauges and a labret peircing). I love what I do now. My life is awesome! My dreads are only 2 months old, unfortunately I started mine with the crochet method. Since finding this site 3 weeks ago, I have seen the light and have thrown away my hook. Keep up the good work....Peace.
Jdwood
@jdwood
13 years ago
275 posts
Very nice locks. The only person that touched my hair was a girl with dreadlocks herself and she was sitting beside me in my car ( she missed her bus and she ask me for a ride) it did not bother me.
momma has dreads
@momma-has-dreads
13 years ago
159 posts

Thanks everyone for your comments on my dreads :-) My son cut his off after about 6.5yrs of natural dreads ...that was a sad day in my life..lol...now he is letting his hair grow back out and is re-thinking the dreads...I will encourage him fully in this venture, as his mother should do :-}

check his pictures out on my page if you wish too.

Puddytatpurr
@puddytatpurr
13 years ago
24 posts

Why do people think that's ok?

It's like when you're pregnant and people touch your bump *shudder*

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form