Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

what jobs do u people do

Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
wow, just goes to show thatpeople only know what we've been taught really.

soaringeagle said:

on a good day i make 50 cents an hour and still can afford to give 1/2 away

i dont like being dependent on money

funny story

the true story of "custers last stand" that your not aware of

after the feirce battle custers army retreatted to a hillside overlooking the battlefield

in the valley below the warriors and families of the tribe were pickifieldtaking boots and as sovieneers

but custars slaimn men had just been paid and the money was found by the kids womethe bloody dead

the tribe thought these strange green papers were like frogs skins and couldnt figure out what they were for

custar and his men were watching as the women started sewin onto ripped loinclothes and jackets making patches as kids played with these strange frog skins like toys as warriors wiped theyre asses with them

and custar and his men went insane

they had fought and died for that meagar pay only to see the indians use it like toys or patches ..or..toiletpaper

custar committed suicide after seeing this

updated by @crystal-o: 07/23/15 05:12:48AM
Ba Marley
@ba-marley
13 years ago
14 posts

great story, Eagle.

job-free livity = real freedom.

anyone who thinks money buys freedom, ha! there's alot of work & stress involved in maintaining wealth. And now, what is wealth anyway? Stuff to take care of, watch out for, get insured, get fixed, report on tax forms, on & on, endless attachment to what is calld "money" which, here in usa, we have no "money", only debt ... federal reserve notes are debt. read the dollar bills. they say "note" then look up "note" in dictionary, blacks legal dictionary is best.

soaringeagle said:

funny story

after the feirce battle custers army retreatted to a hillside overlooking the battlefield

in the valley below the warriors and families of the tribe were pickifieldtaking boots and as sovieneers

but custars slaimn men had just been paid and the money was found by the kids womethe bloody dead

the tribe thought these strange green papers were like frogs skins and couldnt figure out what they were for

custar and his men were watching as the women started sewin onto ripped loinclothes and jackets making patches as kids played with these strange frog skins like toys as warriors wiped theyre asses with them

they had fought and died for that meagar pay only to see the indians use it like toys or patches ..or..toiletpaper

Dave2
@dave2
13 years ago
71 posts

yeah the "last stand" was purely propaganda to save face. Recent research has proven they did not come together in one defiant stand to the death they were slaughtered and ran for their lives.

Oh yeah and i build opthamalogical lasers for a living.
Crystal O. said:

soaringeagle said:

funny story

Ba Marley
@ba-marley
13 years ago
14 posts

98% + is a lie. A big fat lie. From history to science to politics. Whitewash. Hogwash. Covered up. Distorted.

Dave said:

yeah the "last stand" was purely propaganda to save face. Recent research has proven they did not come together in one defiant stand to the death they were slaughtered and ran for their lives.

Oh yeah and i build opthamalogical lasers for a living.
Crystal O. said:

soaringeagle said:

funny story

Patiencepie
@patiencepie
13 years ago
7 posts
I'm an artist! That makes it easy! I was at a pirate festival in L.A. And I thought there would be lots of dreads...there were zillions of people in dread "wigs"! I was shocked to be quite possible, nearly the only play-pirate with real dreads! But at a pirate fest in the Bay Area there were quite a few more naturally dreaded pirates! I am going off the topic-dreads can be versital, even for pirates! Ahrrggh!
Dan B
@dan-b
13 years ago
58 posts
I'm a full time sound and recording engineer and musician. An industry where my dreads gave me a leg up not down lol
Loc Lava
@loc-lava
13 years ago
42 posts

I am an interior designer, and have designed restaurants both nationally and internationally for several years. I have done presentations to corporations and architects in groups of 50+. I won jobs based on my designs, not my hair.

I am also a costumer, prop maker and set designer and interact with design professionals and educators regularly for meetings.

The company I worked for designing restaurants went under last year. I currently have my own business designing and making scarves and accessories, mostly loc and dread related. I sell my items in 3 galleries locally and online.

I am an artist and paint pictures, mostly for me, but I get a few album cover gigs here and there.

I have had my hair loc'd for going on 7 years and have never had any issues. I do put it up neatly and let my experience and work speak for itself. I have also studied abroad and interned abroad with out any issues.

I believe you will be treated in accordance with how you represent yourself as a whole and not just on one element of yourself. If you present yourself in a way that shows your confidence and competence that is what people will respond to. Of course, there will be the select few who will snub their nose no matter what. But they are in the minority by far, and have no impact on what I do or what opportunities I am able to access.

BONES2
@bones2
13 years ago
45 posts

Man I've had loads of crap jobs that made me miserable but now I'm a senior development worker helping vulnerable adults ( autism, challenging behaviour, physically challenged etc) and I love it. The whole pylosophy behind it is promotong equal rights, no discrimination, individuality etc so for my employer to give me a hard time about dreads would be hypicritical !! Lets see what happens as I'm only half way there to getting a full head of locks, no probs so far.

Jah bless x

Shanxon Lemasters
@shanxon-lemasters
13 years ago
411 posts
I'm working on a degree of early childhood education so that I may start a daycare, that is my dream I love little kids and they are young enough at that age to not judge and maybe it can be instilled in them to be open minded and it may follow them thru their lives! The people I know personally or know OF near me, that have dreads, one works at a factory, one works as an artist/musician, and one works in our zoo with the kangaroos :)
V2
@v2
13 years ago
75 posts
I'm a therapist in training. Eventually want to own my own business. I thought at first locs will get on the way of me moving up but have recently found that it's my skills that are important not what i look like. Also, it has a lot of do with confidence in yourself.

/ 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form