dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

site should be pretty fast now

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

ive been tweaking and tweaking the site some for style more for speed

i think there maybe 2 more minoer tweaks i can look into tomorow but ive already cuyt the loading yime to 1/3 what it was even though i maxed the text howing on the front page forum posts (it was never adjustable till now ir was set at i think 350 charachters its now at 2000so much more of the post shows up )

we are now loading in 1/3 the time it was taking b4 the tweaks

so the tweaked site is like a tweaker site on meth and all speeded up.

i dont know what the last tweak was unless ning made some code adjustments but the data download dropped to about 1/4 what it was..

i have removed several scripts widgets and maximised the efficiency alot (the only background images were made very small so load lightening fast)

theres 3 images that i think are being loaded off another server i think i can change those to load faster too and then the only thinkg left that would slow it at all would be the whos amungfus thigt which is noce cause ppl can see its an active site so are more likely to joinj seeing theres alot of ppl on all the time and the hit counter and the share thingies (which are very valiable and u all should be using that often)

im also working behind the scenes to get us to the top of the search engines where we belong.

that might take a few months of work.

the current bugs should be all fixed within days

so keep reporting any bugs even if its just something looking weird or misaligned

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 08:55:12PM
Iain
@iain
13 years ago
844 posts
site is looking really good, however i think 2000 characters of the thread showing below every topic is kind of an eye sore to the front page, I think cutting it down would make it look even better,everything else is looking great tho, good job!
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
13 years ago
29,640 posts

i thought not having enough eventsd to extend that column to the bottom was an eyesore lol but i'll try reducing ityt

maybe try 500

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form