Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

"the dread nodd"

Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts
I've actually had the same thing happen to me Andrew, but I had a shaved head at the time!!! xDI met my friends Step Dad who is a rasta and we were discussing music, and women and food. And he goes "I can see you don't have the heart of a white man, you indeed have a black man's heart. You'll always be welcomed here Rasta"Awesome guy!! Had dinner and celebrated new years with him (The ball of 2010).But the "Dread Nodd" I've never gotten sadly :/I've had like people come outta no where like "Yo are you dreading your hair? How'd you do it, where at how much? "Then I tell my story and give them this site.I WILL EXPERIENCE THE "DREAD NODD" ONE DAY!!! :'D
updated by @aaronthelegend: 07/22/15 08:00:42AM
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts

Really not much to elaborate on, i would find it a little out of the ordinary if someone came close to me and whispered that. It would be chill in any event to talk to an oldblack rasta soif it was a magical experience for you though, right on let it be so.

andrew lazare said:

I`m sorry, I`m unsure of why you find that strange...I'm not actually that curious but if you care to elaborate, I guess I'll give you a minute

Thundersquall said:
He whispered "raaaaaaassttaaaa" ? Thats wierd, with or without dreads.
ashley ✿
@ashley
13 years ago
167 posts
pahaha, i have gotten "RASTA!" and "Rastafari!" called out once or twice, but i have experienced the 'dread nod,' a guy who works at this local theater pub grill had dreads, and i saw him at the store one time, he walked past me smiled and gave me a nod. i was at work and these two guys came through my lane with two y/o dreads and we just smiled at eachother, and i asked em how they got them. Theeen also at work there was a woman with dreads who i was walking behind, i tapped her on the shoulder and said 'i like your hair,' she laughed and said she liked mine as well. i only have negative encounters with my family and one stranger who obviously had problems of his own to sort out..i can't wait to get more dread nods, they're fun!
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts
Ha I JUST EXPERIENCED THE DREAD NOD!I was at Wal-mart and this dude with dreads just looked at me and gave me that nodd, So I nodded back.
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
13 years ago
283 posts
I don't think he like literally whispered into his ear and crap.I think he is saying he just whispered it instead of like saying out loud.I'd rather have a dude just say it in a inside voice then say it out loud like RASSSSTAAA! So everyone isn't looking like "WTF"

Thundersquall said:

Really not much to elaborate on, i would find it a little out of the ordinary if someone came close to me and whispered that. It would be chill in any event to talk to an oldblack rasta soif it was a magical experience for you though, right on let it be so.

andrew lazare said:

I`m sorry, I`m unsure of why you find that strange...I'm not actually that curious but if you care to elaborate, I guess I'll give you a minute

Thundersquall said:
Thundersquall
@thundersquall
13 years ago
235 posts
lolya

Aaron"TheLegend" said:
I don't think he like literally whispered into his ear and crap.
I think he is saying he just whispered it instead of like saying out loud.
I'd rather have a dude just say it in a inside voice then say it out loud like RASSSSTAAA! So everyone isn't looking like "WTF"

Thundersquall said:

andrew lazare said:

Thundersquall said:

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form