Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

buy dreadlocks? now i've heard everything

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
look at the wiki definition of dreadlocks and it stated dreadlocks are ropes of matted hair that form naturaly over time if left uncombed. that is the definition of dreadlocks. so how can you buy or sell that by mail.yes theres a market for fake dreadlocks mostrly to be worn for raves and such as a costume, but 300 dollars for fake dreads you wear for a parrty seems rediculouse.. and to wear fake dreads every day seems silly tooits an opinion i just never could understand it..but ive known ppl who glued a strip of fur to theyre head for a fake mohawk..didnt understand that either.. doesnt mean ppll should stop doing silly things like that just means i think they are sillypeople can be silly as they want in the name of fashion, i mean come on the whole fashion industry is based on being just a lil sillier then the next ..

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 07/22/15 06:14:09AM
☮Izzy-licious☮
@izzy-licious
15 years ago
183 posts
Well I didn't see any ridicule going on.Having the freedom to say what you want about a subject weather you think it is good or not is a part of the diversity we share. SE can say what ever he wants in the forums as can you. We all want to be on our own little pedestal its why we post our opinions for others to read and respond to. By the number the threads you have commented on with your devils advocate card you very much like to play I say you are putting yourself on your own little pedestal just to disagree with everything! Dale D. Trapper said:
Well I'm just of the opinion that we should embrace diversity, rather than ridicule it. People buy dresses for one party that cost way more than $300 so I don't get what the big deal is. Plus making synthdreads is a labor intensive process. Words hold different meanings for different people which is evident by the huge range of dictionaries. Just because one wiki says dreadlocks mean one thing doesn't mean that definition is set in stone. Definitions change depending on what period of history you are in and who you are talking to. Just because the word holds a different meaning to you doesn't mean it's okay to ridicule and downplay different interpretations. We understand your opinion SE, its evident by the multitude of threads you make regarding supposed dangers and problems associated with all methods other than neglect. Please quit putting yourself on a pedestal by putting other methods and meanings down.
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
15 years ago
362 posts
This was actually how I was going to decide if I wanted to go all the way and just dread my real hair. I was going to make dreads from human hair or kanekalon fiber and weave them into my real hair to make sure that I could deal with it.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
thats certainly understandablebut i bet ya werent gonna spend 300 dollars to find out huh Faelwynn said:
This was actually how I was going to decide if I wanted to go all the way and just dread my real hair. I was going to make dreads from human hair or kanekalon fiber and weave them into my real hair to make sure that I could deal with it.

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
I have worn platts in my hair plenty of times.That is long braids that extend from the scalp and free hang.I used extensions braided into my own hair the same length as my hair.They were very beautiful and I wore them beautifully, I loved having them.They were heavy though after awhile as my hair is thick and I had around 200 braids with extra weight from the fake hair.The extensions gave grip to the braids and I was able to have them in for a month or more, if I were to platt my hair without them they would last about a week before loosening.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form