Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

cutting dreads? donate to cancer patients

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

At long last we are now able to help accept donations of dreads for cancer patients!
We had a wigmaker post who takes dreadlocks donations to make wigs for cancer patients

Unfortunately she then vanished and the year long search for a replacement began, in that time thousands have requested to donate thier dreads to cancer patients! Well really thousands every month expressed interest

I personaly contacted hundreds of wigmakers and groups that said they make wigs for cancer patients, not 1 would accept them. (1 and only 1 was receptive to the idea, but had not commited)

After daily calls the past 2 months someone on facebook saught me out to tell me about a service thier friends started!

dreads for friends  I contacted them imediately and expect a call back in the next 2-3 days

dreadlockssite has had thousands and thousands of donation requests and we are proud to finaly have a group to partner with and get these donated dreads to cancer patients!

When a cancer patient loses thier dreadlocks to chemo, ofcourse they appreciate any wig, but only a dreadlocked wig, givin with love from another dreadlocks lover will make them feel whole, and like themselves again.

I will be contacting everyone who contacted me abiut donating to pass on this wonderful news!

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
Luke Decker
@luke-decker
14 years ago
15 posts
Or maybe not completely cut them off but just cut a lot off for those with really long dreads, just saying. I wish i could, but my dreads aren't long enough, I can't wait until they are down to my waist.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
they already got 1 pledge to donate!

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts

thnx post on facebook and twitter too if u can..all over

--
Aaron"TheLegend"
@aaronthelegend
14 years ago
283 posts

I saw this thing on yahoo, this lady had 4ft 9inches of dreads and cut them all off for Cancer donation (money) and made like 1,000+ british pounds (money).

ShedLight
@shedlight
14 years ago
3 posts

Make that two pledges....I'm a little nervous to shed these locks but I think the time has come...especially if someone else who needs them will have them...

Crystal O.
@crystal-o
14 years ago
137 posts

I think this is awesome! I donated 13 inches of my hair a few years ago when it wasn't dreaded, it is good to know that when it gets too long for me even dreadlocked I can still donate it, nice clean dreadie donated hair for those unfortunate enough to not be able to grow their own! I love it!!!

daniel schwartz
@daniel-schwartz
14 years ago
1 posts
Make it three pledges and if your interested in sponsoring a dread in my dread chopathon make your way to www.justgiving.com/byebyedreads .

Make that two pledges....I'm a little nervous to shed these locks but I think the time has come...especially if someone else who needs them will have them...

lisasimpson
@lisasimpson
13 years ago
19 posts
What a killer organization! I personally know a girl with cancer who would LOVE a dreadlock wig. She's fighting SO hard. Just know that if you are awesome enough to donate your locks, they truly do mean the world to the folks who receive them.
Crystal O.
@crystal-o
13 years ago
137 posts
Maybe someday my dreads with be mature and healthy enough and I will donate...I know I will be self-full though and want to keep them a while...can you grow them real long and cut a foot or so off to donate, or do they have to be cut close up to the root?
 / 3

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form