Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Getting your tips locked

Apollo
@apollo
14 years ago
80 posts
Have most of you guys noticed that not many people ever get there tips locked? Ive seen this so many times. With me around the end of my dreads i was able to get some of my dreads nice and blunted.
updated by @apollo: 01/13/15 08:48:49PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
blunting the tips is stupids they look fake and it makes them dry 5 times slower so are way more likely to mold

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Apollo
@apollo
14 years ago
80 posts
The point i was trying to make is how many people never bother do anything.i had the same problem..for some time
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
people don't bother to do anything because it's completely unnecessary. I have about 1/2 naturally blunted and 1/2 wispy but I would never intentionally blunt them I don't think it looks natural at all. You can see the difference very clearly between dreads that blunted on their own and ones that were unnaturally forced to blunt.
Apollo
@apollo
14 years ago
80 posts
With mine if look at pictures of mine some of them at the tip were never locked.and toward the end it started to bother me. I dont i just always found like tips that look like normal hair kinda strange? Thats just me though.its almost as you can just rip that dread apart
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
yep yep it's a matter of opinion and we all think different things look good. I personally am not into doing any type of maintenance on my dreads, for me it just sorta defeats the whole purpose of having them, but to each their own! :o)
Pathargic
@patrick2
14 years ago
61 posts
Dreadlocks being blunted and dreadlocks being mature are not one and the same. They can be one without being the other. Some like the blunted look while others find that it looks fake. I'm with the latter portion, personally. I say, if it happens, so be it, but I won't force blunting. I don't like the look too much, anyhow.
Apollo
@apollo
14 years ago
80 posts
nahhh
NaturalWomyn
@naturalwomyn
14 years ago
849 posts
nope like I said my are naturally half and half and I obviously don't have kinky hair! Neither does my hubby and he has mature 4 year old dreads which are also about half naturally blunted on their own and half are still straight hair at the very bottom.
Island Mamma
@island-mamma
14 years ago
530 posts
Funny mine are naturally blunting and I Wish they would taper....dreads have a mind of their own....
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form