Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Too old for dreads??????

MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
My town is VERY conservative or VERY redneck. Either way you do not see white people walking around here with dreads. I have lived here my whole life and have only seen one person ( a white guy) wearing dreads and that was about 10 years ago in a bar at night. I have never seen anyone walking down the street with dreadlocks. Wild huh????? Sister Rags said:
: )

updated by @midread: 07/22/15 04:53:25PM
Blondy249
@blondy249
14 years ago
1 posts
Hey there, im 46 almost 47 and i have dreads still and i have many friends my age and older with dreads, in fact i think dreads look fab on older wiser people..Dread up girl and enjoy..PeAce xox
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Sweet !!! I'm in good company here! :)
Roblynn Neumann
@roblynn-neumann
14 years ago
6 posts
I am 48 and have had my dreads for one year. I did talk to my hubby who was 53 before I did it. I had a kind of spiritual reason for doing it so he was pretty accepting. But hey four years before this I just had to have another baby and off to China he went with me, so I think he was relieved it was just dreads LOL. Maybe you should like shoot for something really crazy and when he says no just say, "so about those dreads?"As a side note he would be really bummed if I threatened to cut them now, he loves them!
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
Oh I'm doing them regardless. He is understanding. He loves me!!! I used to have my hair really short like GI Jane LOL! I asked him if he would rather I shave my head or go for the locks. He said locks!! :) Roblynn Neumann said:
I am 48 and have had my dreads for one year. I did talk to my hubby who was 53 before I did it. I had a kind of spiritual reason for doing it so he was pretty accepting. But hey four years before this I just had to have another baby and off to China he went with me, so I think he was relieved it was just dreads LOL. Maybe you should like shoot for something really crazy and when he says no just say, "so about those dreads?"
As a side note he would be really bummed if I threatened to cut them now, he loves them!
dantherastaman
@dantherastaman
14 years ago
12 posts
you're never too old to do what you want. If you want to change your hairstyle, go for it fully and completely with no regrets.
IllumiKnotty
@illumiknotty
14 years ago
212 posts
dreads are not a fashion statement ~~~ they are a lifestyle.are you too old to live ?? GO FOR IT :)
Spider Feet
@spider-feet
14 years ago
458 posts
The only difference between me getting them at my age and you getting them at your age is that I started earlier.
MiDread
@midread
14 years ago
187 posts
I've wanted to get a nose ring forever!! My hubby doesn't want me to. He is SO not into piercings either. He doesn't mind my ears, tolerated my belly-button ring (which I ended up taking out after I had my first born), and absolutely does not want me to get a nose piercing. I have let him win on this one...;) Sister Rags said:
Aw, I dunno....I got my nose pierced for my 38th b-day and got my first tats at age 42. Do you know, Rae, that in ancient times NO ONE was permitted to begin studying the Kabbalah before age 40?
Nita
@nita
14 years ago
1 posts
I just turned 41 this month and I have had my dreads for ten years. I also wear beads in them. Right now I have decorated them with small light green glass beads with pink roses. They're positioned near the crown of my head. I mostly wear my dreads up for two reasons the length and because my little girl wants to play with them out of habit like one of her Barbie's. I now work part time in a monastery and I seriously Love it. It's indescribable. Before this I used to work in professional office setting, business suit, make up, heels, hose the whole bit. I've never really had any negative comments to my face. Some curious stares, some whispers, most people really don't know what to make of them and I don't really care at this point. If it wouldn't be my hair, it would be something else about me they wouldn't like.
updated by @nita: 07/13/15 06:47:46PM

/ 6

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form