Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

new server updates and what to expect

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

got the server 3/4 configured (i think) files are transferring as i write this they will take probably 2 days or so to transfer

Monday i hope to have  sites set up for testing at least
i literally had 200+ browser tabs open looking up things  trying to figure it all out (ive never done a full server setup like this before)

made a few mistakes along the way haha (wasted all of last night transferring files to the wrong place)

good news is got much more done in 24 hours then i expected to get done in a week..which is good cause we barely have a week to get it ready

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

got most of the server issues worked out dreadlockssite still has over 700 gigs to transfer

still have a few minor details to work out but got all the big ones fixed at least

I'm ready for a vacation haha

15 minutes ago i was so close to going down to the server farm and  wiping the server clean and starting over fresh

but luckily after reading over 200 pages all about 1 issue i managed to combine 5 or 6 fixes into 1 that actually worked

I'm glad i'm reasonably smart

cause this is a huge pain in the ass (actually a pain in the neck, it was so stressful my necks all out of whack and killing me..will trade a 20 minute hug for a 20 minute massage!)

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

just about 100 gigs left to transfer!

unfortunately do not have all the ip info yet till tomorrow so cant set up ips for accounts or set up ssl's and such yet

and will need to do testing but i think we can have the new server live by wed or thur

we should be ready for testing by this time tomorow

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

been alotta work but think the sites workin on new server

--
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

so we are on the new server, i have a really top notch tech working with me figuring out the last few issues (when we switch to a higher performance server  (litespeed instead of apache) photos stop showing..or at least 99% of them

we are working on figuring this out b4 i go to the gathering on friday

expect short periods during testing where images dont work right

also..the cpu we got wasnt  all i expected it to be so might upgrade it when i get back..wich means any more donations possible would be  appreciated

the 1 id ideally want would double the server cost  so im thinking of splitting the diference going with a lil slower  ghz rating but more cores

that will just be 400 wich with minimal donations i might be able to do

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form