Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

huge announcement (not dread related)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
9 years ago
29,640 posts

i've helped alot of people.. and i mean alot with stuff way more serious and intense then dreads.

finally when another of my freinds asked me "what do i do about my abusive ex"

the answer was so simple and clear

expose the abuse

so i searched the domain exposetheabuse.com never expecting it to be available or if it was .for sale for 50,000

but noone had ever thought of it before

now let me tell you what happened from there

1. i clicked purchase domain (ofcourse)
  2. i announced it on fb requesting survivors of abuse as admins
  3. dozens contacted me instantly eager to tell thier stories and helped shape the idea
  4. i contacted a genius freind..and abuse victim who immediately contacted a dr coworker who wanted to start a medical service for abuse victims
  5. she also said you know what you just did is epic right you know you will have access to millions in grants
  6. we established a peer counseling framework
  7. we established a "safety net" not a safe house or anything but a network of survivors ready to take in victims and help them recover and get on thier feet
  8. i heard the horror stories of each of my eager admins
  9. 1 wanted a section of 'writings that helped us cope' poetry journal entries etc
  10. then exhausted i slept
  11. i woke up to find we had been offered 160 acres of land in the bay area for a "trauma" community a safety net locattion for the most traumatized victims

the sites not built yet

will take a few days

but the momentum is astounding the eagerness of the victims to have a voice.. an anonymous voice so they arent exposed to more danger is so powerful

the site will explode

but the content will be graphic, emotional, scary, traumatic, possibly nightmare inducing

but also so full of hope and love and community

we will have a chat thats always manned by a councelor

as well as peer counselors will have private unlisted untraceable phones for phone support

its all about empowering the powerless and exposing the things that noone ever wants to talk about ..or admit is happening as much as it does

we hope to have medical psychological services free

to have funds available to help the helpless get on thier feet

legal aid.. funding for emergency cases

etc etc

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1

updated by @soaring-eagle: 01/13/15 10:06:43PM
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form