Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

How many dreads do you have?

Owl Lady
@owl-lady
10 years ago
30 posts

I just finished my head twist and rip method..oldest dreads are about 3 months old..so it took me 3 months to finish my head. I did them as they started to section on their own. I have 54 dreads :) Love even numbers so thought that was cool they came to an even number when I did not intend that.

updated by @owl-lady: 01/22/20 09:33:16AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

the 54 you have today wont be 54 forever

u started with i think around 78? no idea but seem to remember counting that much early on (sometime in the 1sty 10 years) by 15-18 years i counted..or tried to count since i kept getting lost closer to 200

since that point i stopped separating and let them congo at will as many as 6 joined into 1 but new babies pop up practicly weekly

so i tried counting again and got 57 bases 89 tips with about 20 new babies just forming some of those joined confoes

i have new babies forming right now too i gave up on counting long ago (not that i ever did it often) i wouldnt even bother trying to count now cause a couple weeks later the numbers diferent

so i have as many as i have today not sure how many i might have tomorow

and in the long run it doesnt matter how many you have its just helpfil as a rio]ough estimate of how thick they maybe 54 medium thick

average lil thicker then your thumb at a guess

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raj Krishnan Nair
@raj-krishnan-nair
10 years ago
4 posts
I have 128 a huge number
Owl Lady
@owl-lady
10 years ago
30 posts

SE so what your saying my number will increase if I don't let them congo? I know it doesn't matter I was just asking for fun...I never counted mine until today because I just wondered. Thank you both for answering I love talking about dreads...humm don't we all ...I love this journey :)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well tyea as u separate u get loose hairs between dreads wich will either join dreads or form new dreads those new dreads may congo into existing dreads unless u keep them separated

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form