Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Dumb Question: What's A Rainbow Gathering, Exactly?

ZoeyRainsMom
@zoeyrainsmom
10 years ago
122 posts
Do you know when the place will be decided on? I'm in Nevada so it's looking good for me this year. I'm a newbie and super excited!
updated by @zoeyrainsmom: 07/23/15 03:08:58AM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

well ill explain the process so u understand it

at the end of the last gathering they hold vission council, once everyone agrees on a regain..typically a 2 state area

then scoutting begins at 1st just scourung topo maps and ariel surveys then on the land b4 ut snows thnxgiving council narrows down the better locations for on the land scouttung then in the spring much more un depth scouttings done water sources need to be found and tested local surveys for environmental sensitivity (and local tribes contacted for cultural sensatuvity like burial grounds etc) businesses contacted and prepared etc once the best 3-5 sites are identified spring council meets and picks the final location...in june and seed camp begins the next day

typiccally theres holding camps and spring councuil within 100 miles of the most likely sites so when you hear where council is it gives u a rough area to aim for...

but things can always change till the day it begins (seed camp)

roiughly june 2nd week or so

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Michelle D. Ransdell
@michelle-d-ransdell
10 years ago
38 posts

I hope Colorado!!! But no matter where it is, I'll be arriving in my uber-crazy painted hippie art car, I'll be bringing some crafty wares to trade and I'll be bringing my drums, my flutes and some other fun stuff!!! Woooohooooo!! I can't fuckin' wait!!!!

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

co would be awesome so beautuful there last utah was beautiful..but rough..2 foot of snow the 1st 4 days i was there (last 4 days of june) 90+ degrees during the day then dropping into the 20's at night..brutal temp swings thin air making breathing hard and nothing but pine to burn (causing pine fever)m..couple that with how many showed up without any shoes..it was rough..

oh yea that reminds me keep in mind trhat its wilderness with plenty of wild and rainbows making the wild wilder so wilder-ness means you gotta be prepared for anything..any weather.. any manor of wildlife ..and ofcourse the unexpected and miraculouse

--
Michelle D. Ransdell
@michelle-d-ransdell
10 years ago
38 posts

I'm okay with wildlife and weather. If it was easy, then it wouldn't be any fun would it? LOL

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,640 posts

cant wait to see ya there

--

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form