Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

who wants in on the debate

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

feeling 99% better today so we can do it sometime this week? weekend? later is better like late afternoon early eve

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Filip Radulovic
@filip-radulovic
10 years ago
17 posts
Ok, well another thing to consider, he lives in the uk right? And im from croatia, thats not to far considering time zones, me and him heve a time differance of na hour most, probably not eaven that, but i dont know where are you exactly and what time zone...
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

usa east coast

but yea that complicates things but only times i can realisticly do it would be typically round 4 pm

and now starting to realize when i said i was feeling 99% better i was off by a bit ..lots better then i was but still not quite up to it yet but hopefully another day will be all i need

--
DreadsUK
@dreadsuk
10 years ago
13 posts

Hi everyone, and thank you to soaring eagle for granting me permission to come over and address you all. I thought it would be helpful to introduce myself and say hello.

This debate is intended to appeal to the gentleness in us all, for love, compassion and community. I am confident that our mutual love for dreadlocks is rooted in a very similar expression regardless of how they are made. For some, we favour the free form route, its authenticity, its freedoms, trails and outward expression for who we are. For some, its very simply a hair style. But the one thing that connects us, is the desire to freely express ourselves, and support each other in a loving and encouraging community.

As a creator of a dreadlocks forum and the number 1 search result for 'Dreads UK', i feel a certain responsibility to provide the best information i can offer to anyone who finds themselves on our website. It is for this reason, we regularly welcome opposing opinions and new information to ensure we don't become complacent.

Having very opposing experiences to soaring eagle and to avoid any unpleasantries,I felt that a live video-feed of a 'debate/discussion/share of information' would be an ideal way to communicate when there are opposing opinions. It's so wonderful that there are so many people ready to contribute to this discussion. However, because there are so many people and we want as many people to be heard, we need to plan this properly. There is no rush.

This is what i propose we do...

As i have experience and a good team of people on G+ from previous hangouts (i hosted the worlds first ever G+ open mic hangout with musicians from all over the world on the 17th august 2011 hehe *bragging rights*). I am happy to set this all up. I will need some time to make contact again with all the technicians i worked with before, but i'm sure they will be more than happy to help and promote this on G+

If myself and S.E host it together, we can avoid too many technical issues and ensure a smooth live stream

To make sure as many people as possible are heard, we can set up a system where people can comment, raise questions, bring information and generally contribute. This could be done by an over see'er monitoring the comments and with the most popular questions (maybe voting system), bring the person who first raised the question, into the hangout to speak. Perhaps a call in live feed or something similar. This, we can refine with all of your suggestions, also with the input from the G+nius technicians.

________________________________________________________________________________
Discussion Treatment:-
* To open the discussion, i suggest a 3 - 5 min opening statement from both S.E and myself on the Freeform VS aided method.

*Then a response to each others statement from myself and S.E

*then we open to questions from everyone.

*We could end with a closing statement each.

i wonder if we could have some special guest features, any suggestions??
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We also have a thread going on Dreads UK and i'll be posting something similar to this message here
http://www.dreadsuk.com/forum/community-forums/dread-debates/12555-message-to-soaring-eagle

Feel free to bounce between DreadsUK.com and DreadlocksSite.com and lets all get to know each other as we are all one big beautiful community. We have some beautifully caring considerate people, who i'm sure will be only too happy to welcome you. I hope they would be welcome here too.

If you have any concerns/considerations in regards to this i am best reached on dreadsuk obviously, but i will endeavour to come back here and pick up any questions as and when i am able.

With love and consideration to my beautiful dready tribe
Elijah x

Sting.Rey
@stingrey
10 years ago
42 posts
Just wondering what the word is on the dates & times for the debate. Elijah I understand how popular the manicured dread look is in the UK, one of my favorite local UK musicians Rob Chapman recently had his done by crocheting. This doesn't change the fact that such methods are brutally damaging to the hair strands no matter how popular they are. The fact remains that you are poking a sharp needle in and out of the hair shafts many times over. I only had mine interlocked and when I went to undo them I could easily see and feel how much the the hair shafts were weakened. This was just from twisting, I can't even imagine how much more damaging ramming, tearing generally forcing a needle would be. And as for wax, well I used it once and all it took was one run with sweat, dirt, pollen and funky smell to write that off. What Soaring Eagle and this website try to do is promote the healthiest form of dreading possible. There are many here who can attest to the dangers and consequences some permanently damaging to not just the hair but the scalp as well where hair is clearly thinning and in severe cases balding can occur. I honestly wish I had found it sooner before I started my journey.Peace brother and I as well look forward to the debate.
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

would be great to have a few crochet victims in on it too

--
Casey Fay
@casey-fay
10 years ago
90 posts

ok I am a little confused on this debate thing. I know I am a newbie but man it sounds like this could be bad. The UK post sound almost as if they cannot wait to tear SE down. Wanting to bring in hairdressers and Lazydreads. Whose next DHHQ and KB? If everyones camp is already established, what will this teach people like me who has just started?I thought at first it was to educate, but I don't like put downs like you use to be on top and other remarks of personal character. Is this just my imagination?Please explain to me what this might accomplish. Reputations are hard to fix once damaged. Will this really be worth it in the long run?

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
10 years ago
29,639 posts

lazy dreads would be all about no maintenance natural dreads so why? weird

someone message panterra see if we cant get her to come back for it

--
Tara C
@tara-c
10 years ago
644 posts

Lazy Dreads isn't all for no maintenance. He tells people that if they backcomb, if they crochet, if they do this and that, this and that may happen, so be careful, etc. He's not strictly against it, he just tells it like it is.

soaring eagle said:

lazy dreads would be all about no maintenance natural dreads so why? weird

someone message panterra see if we cant get her to come back for it

Tara C
@tara-c
10 years ago
644 posts

How'd you come to that conclusion? The post itself said it was about unifying all dreadheads regardless of how they started or how they maintain or don't maintain their dreads. It was Soaring Eagle who first suggested including other members in the debate, not Dreads UK. They're including other people not to try to tear anyone down, but because some people, for example Lazy Dreads, are seen as very knowledgeable, so their information holds weight. And hairdressers...well, they understand hair lol.

Casey Fay said:

ok I am a little confused on this debate thing. I know I am a newbie but man it sounds like this could be bad. The UK post sound almost as if they cannot wait to tear SE down. Wanting to bring in hairdressers and Lazydreads. Whose next DHHQ and KB? If everyones camp is already established, what will this teach people like me who has just started?I thought at first it was to educate, but I don't like put downs like you use to be on top and other remarks of personal character. Is this just my imagination?Please explain to me what this might accomplish. Reputations are hard to fix once damaged. Will this really be worth it in the long run?

updated by @tara-c: 07/23/15 03:53:43AM

/ 9

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form