Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Partially dreaded - wash

MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

Ok so about 3 days ago I sectioned my hair with rubber bands at the roots. I work alot so Ive only been able to do a dread or two a night. I currently have 5 dreads but I really think I need to wash my hair. But I don't wanna take out the bands and lose the sections but I know its not good to wash or even leave the bands in. Any suggestions on how to wash without losing the sections. I really dont wanna take them out and section again. Any help is appreciated

updated by @moorz: 01/13/15 09:44:53PM
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
You could take the bands out and wash, and your hair should actually start to section itself naturally over the next couple weeks, as long as you don't comb it or brush it in the meantime. You definitely do want to wash it though. The cleaner your hair is, the faster and easier it'll lock up :)
Cristin Nessen
@cristin-nessen
11 years ago
158 posts
Actually, after looking at your picture, you should just go natural. I'd let it dread on its own if I were you. Your hair is perfect for it, and it'd lock up pretty fast on its own I bet!
MoorZ
@moorz
11 years ago
46 posts

I prolly will since TnR isnt working too well for me. I did The wash and the rinse but now my hair is parted down the middle like normal before i sectioned. Is there something special I must do for this not to happen? I dont exactly want the middle to be parted.

Mons
@mons
11 years ago
518 posts
After you wash, shake your head and just let your hair stay where it lands. Keep your hands out of it. Your hair will section itself and do it's own thing. Have patience. Dreads don't happen instantly... They take a lot of time and patience.
the Barrellady
@the-barrellady
11 years ago
1,302 posts

I let my hair section on its own. I have no part anywhere to be seen, just a wild head. If hair is left alone, it will section naturally, no rubber bands needed. The T&R will actually need to loosen in order to dread. The sections need to loop, zig zag and shrink up to the thickness of the section at the scalp. Anything at the scalp area larger than 1 inch or a quarter will take a very long time to dry when mature, so it is recommended not to be larger than that. Twist & rip is a false dread, it will not stay that way, nor look that way months down the road, so it is really not necessary. The natural/ free form is the fastest way to dread. If you are concerned about keeping sections, just put on some beads man, that's it. Your long hair will shrink, but in a couple of years you will see a growth spurt again. Starter dreads need to be clean and washed every 2 to 3 days. The more you wash, the faster they dread. Have a happy journey and enjoy the craziness that comes with it.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form