Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

recommended dreadlocksshampoo timeline?

Justin Roundy
@justin-roundy
12 years ago
10 posts

Hi all, I just have a quick question if someone has a minute to talk to me :) I am considering buying the lockin up dreadlocks shampoo and I was wondering if this would be the better choice over the bar as someone who has been dreading 4 months? I'm just curious if this is more for people that have just begun dreading or anyone before the one year mark. I want the shampoo because I heard that it gets scalp flakes out of the body of your dreads and solves flaky scalp quite well. As of now I am using Dr bronners tea trea/peppermint and rosemary oil (all diluted) in my shampoo.

Thanks all you lovely people

~Justin

updated by @justin-roundy: 01/13/15 09:37:40PM
Baba Fats
@baba-fats
12 years ago
2,702 posts

For younger locks that aren't as mature, liquid is usually better. There's not as much aggressive scrubbing as there is with bars. It's easier to apply it and you just rub with your fingers. I've also been told it works with hard to knot hair wonderfully. I haven't used a liquid shampoo in ages, but I would recommend it for 4 month old locks

Justin Roundy
@justin-roundy
12 years ago
10 posts

Wow that's a pretty rave review you've got there. So your dreads were less than half a year? Amazing :) If people say the bar gets rid of flaky scalp problems I am definitely getting some :)

Valérie
@valrie
12 years ago
539 posts

I've used the liquid. It is fairly moisturizing and it does lather up well for me. The smell is AMAZING too.

My dreads are at just over 6 months and I have not had any dandruff issues.

I'm sure if you get 1 of each to try out, the other will not be wasted. You can use it as a body wash/soap. :)

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form