Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

I can't be the only one who has this question

new dreddie
@new-dreddie
12 years ago
75 posts

you are making assumptions and you will offend people with your ignorance. I know blacks who started their dreads naturally. They DID not go to a salon, even if they did why u should care? First off ypu are not black and you sound like a hater! Talk to blacks and get to know them instead of making generalizations.

Barry Lee
@barry-lee
12 years ago
1 posts

Same here

Cristopher Darscel Polk said:

its only the ignorant black take it from i'm black and i love the way dreads look on other races.

Necia Stoll
@necia-stoll
12 years ago
33 posts
My parents both said it's just for black ppl, but they are racist. My dad was extremely hateful about it and even offended me. I won't even post what he said. My point is that only ignorant ppl would say stuff like that amd you shouldn't worry about it. Just rock your dreads and your whiteness and don't give hateful ppl a second thought.
Circle Dancer
@circle-dancer
12 years ago
121 posts

I've had my dreads seven months (almost) now, and have never had a black person, or any person, say anything racist to me about them. I'm sure they are out there, I see them on youtube and what not, but that's just the internet. Most people in real life don't care how anyone else does their hair.

Bekka
@bekka
12 years ago
5 posts

Honestly since I've had mine (hasn't been long, though) the only race to make any type of racist comments towards my hair are other white people.

new dreddie
@new-dreddie
12 years ago
75 posts
I agree with you circle. I could care LESS what another person look like, hair included. I have coolass dreads on people of all colors.
new dreddie
@new-dreddie
12 years ago
75 posts
"Seen "
Marcellus Wallace
@marcellus-wallace
12 years ago
46 posts

We were all black long ago, and that's probably when dreads first came to be. Since then, they have been worn by kings, gurus,sadhus,and many other proud and possibly holy peoples of all races and denominations. Unfortunately, most ignorant people believe it is strictly theRastafarianhairstyle or even just what all Jamaicans wear (I have been called a Rasta, aJamaicanand even a terrorist by both black and white people). Don't be mad at them, just educate them. As for how one chooses to grow their dreads (or rather grow with their dreads), I believe everyone should grow them how they want regardless of the technique, for when they present their dreads to the world, everyone will see the end result and will be able to read the persons character and beliefs (as far as dreading goes) instantly. That's what i love about dreads, you can't hide who you are, and that's how we should all live, in the open, proud of who and what we are.

bruce caruso
@bruce-caruso
12 years ago
11 posts

white,black,red,yellow,green,blue who cares...were all just people with individual opinions

Merek Privitt
@merek-privitt
12 years ago
13 posts

More white people think blacks own the hairstyle than black people themselves. i get more compliments from black people and more white people tell me im trying to like im black. its so stupid. my dads a hairstylist and he tells me im "trying to look like a little black boy" at least once a week.

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form