Like this page? Then share it!
Dreadlocks Site Highly Recommends dreadlockshampoo.com

Dreadlocks site's servers are partialy funded by mining BTC on hashflare
any additional profits are donated to Fredoms Wings International Soaring for people with disabilities

Dreadlocks Forums

zig zags, loops, and clumps

Robin Schmauss
@robin-schmauss
6 years ago
7 posts

so i've had dreads about 7 months now and they are very condensed and shrunken because of all the zig zags that formed. i love my loops, dont get me wrong, but i'm so ready for them to unshrink and become straight. does fine straight hair take longer? should i expect them to be like this another year? i'm getting a little impatient and i need some reassurance! D:

I've attached some pics as a visual aid

updated by @robin-schmauss: 01/13/15 09:26:34PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
6 years ago
28,421 posts

it probly wont be too much longer

they might not "straighten out" completely tho

you'll probly keep some zig zags

--
27 years growing dreadlocks the natural way
My dreads are over 9 feet long
JESSICA EVA (Eva Lovelocks)
@jessica-eva-eva-lovelocks
6 years ago
217 posts

some of mine are around 3 years old and they are still kinking up more and more! get used to it! embrace it! it's fucking cool. :)

the ones that have stopped shrinking and kinking just look like long heavy turds. i like my zig zag ones way better.

Robin Schmauss
@robin-schmauss
6 years ago
7 posts

thanks guys. i do love my crazy dreads but i find that the clumpy ones stick out a lot amongst some of the not-so-mature dreads at the bottom of my scalp so i find myselftryingto blend thereally clumpy ones into the rest of my hair by tucking them under the others. its becoming annoying but i guess ill have to be more patient and wait it out.

Dislike 0

Share This

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
Contact Form