Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

mineral oil

Javier Cruz
@javier-cruz
14 years ago
3 posts
Okay, so the over weekend I came across baby oil and read the ingredients, and they are as followed: mineral oil, aloe vera extract, fragrance, tocopherol (vitamin E)equated Baby oil is dermatologist, allergy and pediatrician tested. It is made with the highest grade mineral oil to form a silky barrier that prevents excess moisture loss.Hypoallergenic helps seal in moistureIm curious about this 'mineral oil'.What I want to know, will the mineral oil help to moisturize dreads or will it damage them?What I am looking for is something to keep my locs feeling soft. cause after a day or two of a good wash my dreads have a feel of dry/stiff to them.
updated by @javier-cruz: 01/13/15 08:50:20PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
try jojoba oil its the closest thing in nature to the natural hair/skin oilsafricas best oil contains it for instancei dunno about mineral oil i would think it would leave u too oily

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
14 years ago
29,640 posts
i love jojobaits amazing

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Pranee RN
@pranee-rn
14 years ago
23 posts
I put baby oil in my hair when I was in 1st grade, I think it still makes it look wet! lol! Good to use on body when wet, not good for hair any time! unless the greasy look suits you lol! jojoba oil is good! I recently mixed in some grow with me red rasberry herbal essence conditioner with my dr bonners and got nice and soft! Maybe a treat to my dreadies once a month or so!
taye
@taye
14 years ago
833 posts
actually mineral oil is one of the worst things to put on your skin. It bonds with your natural oil and through out the day when it is rubbed off on clothes or chairs or washed off it takes all your natural oil with it. So it is really oily (yuck) but leaves your skin dryer than it was to begin with.. It tricks you into thinking it is moisturized. Which makes you wanna do it again....skin dries out. so you put more on ...vicious cycle.
Dislike 2

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form