Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Flat, Xtra Loopy dreads & 60-75% Loss of Length???

sadangel777
@sadangel777
14 years ago
68 posts
Mine sound so much like yours! I went natural for a few months, gentle backcomb once by my friend, and a little crochet once to round them out a little, but natural again for another few months...now I have flat dreads with tons of loops! I wear them back constantly because I don't like them in my face, and I'm also self-conscious and don't think they look as good as they did in the beginning. I'm glad you started this post!
updated by @sadangel777: 07/23/15 03:31:48AM
dreadymomma
@dreadymomma
14 years ago
4 posts
i lost alot of length when i did my exboyfriends and his got shorter and shorter but then they eventually started to wiegh themselves down and round out his have gained almost half thier length back now.. as for the lopsided thing i have that too i have noticed its on the side i sleep on lol so i guess rollin around on it doesnt help
Faelwynn
@faelwynn
14 years ago
362 posts
Sounds pretty much like mine, only at 4.5 months mine were moderately round... now a lot of them are flat, but as they grow, they've been rounding out. Take a look at my timeline... I'm at a little over 14 months now, and am still waiting for some growth. Your dreads are going to go through stages of shrinking and growing, but there's no telling how many times they'll shrink or how much!
ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts

yep, Im pretty sure that lop sides are a result of sleeping...here are sum pics of mine before dreads, a few mths in with loopies etc..., my lop sidedness at about 4-5 mths and recent ( about 9 mth) so about two mths ago...

updated by @ratcakie: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
ratcakie
@ratcakie
14 years ago
60 posts
sorry my computer is not conforming, ill put the others up soon as i resolve the glitch...

ratcakie said:

yep, Im pretty sure that lop sides are a result of sleeping...here are sum pics of mine before dreads, a few mths in with loopies etc..., my lop sidedness at about 4-5 mths and recent ( about 9 mth) so about two mths ago...

updated by @ratcakie: 02/05/15 10:12:49AM
Renee
@renee
14 years ago
22 posts
Ah now this is the post I was looking for before starting my Flat-head dreads discussion! Great to read about such a familiar experience, and to hear that I haven't let something go terribly 'wrong' (though I know, especially around here, that is almost impossible to do naturally).Love your dreads, I am especially partial to redheads! ;-)

/ 2
Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form