Like this page? Then share it!
dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

got asked to be in a wedding need clean up tips

Adam Ligster
@adam-ligster
15 years ago
22 posts

so my sister is getting married in november and she sad "you don't have to cut your dreads to be in my wedding" so I said "well I want to look nice" ya know... so any one know a good way to tame loose hairs without usin wax? somethin that will clean em up nice that maybe I can put on em to smooth em out? or a good way to dress em up for the occasion? any tips would be greatly apprecieated or styles to wear em in etc.thanks -adam

updated by @adam-ligster: 01/13/15 08:25:18PM
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
yea use a lil aloe vera u want the plant (be sure its vera not anothet aloe some are toxic)then oncesmoothed a bit since theyre short just kindsaa fold em under eachother tawards the back tied or braided in the backhard to explainor just some way to smooth em towards the back,any drug store or whatever will have those scruunchy bands that are like 5-6 inches around

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Adam Ligster
@adam-ligster
15 years ago
22 posts
nice, thanks
☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
15 years ago
29,640 posts
tryto figure out the optimal styping now cause rushin last minute and tryin to figure it out might be a pain..lolu can also try thisstart on 1 side grab a bunch 5-6 or so twist em round eachother a few timesso that when u pull it up and lay it forward around the top of your head the twists go over the top then towards the headnow jus go around, taking the ones under it and going over the top and forward and the oner above it go under then aroundkeep going forward and all the way around takin dreads to join into the twist, tucking every end in securely by the scalp (or between dreads) and just keep working around till every drewads tucked in nice and tight and it forms like kinda a dread crownmuch easier when long but u should be able to do it short too

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
dreaded delusion
@dreaded-delusion
15 years ago
84 posts
do you think the aloe could also help with the frizzes or fuzzies that happen on the acual locks? my dreads do that a lot and i would like to smooth that out when going for job interviews (im graduating college soon). soaringeagle said:
yea use a lil aloe vera u want the plant (be sure its vera not anothet aloe some are toxic)
then oncesmoothed a bit since theyre short just kindsaa fold em under eachother tawards the back tied or braided in the back
hard to explain

or just some way to smooth em towards the back,
any drug store or whatever will have those scruunchy bands that are like 5-6 inches around
Mary Vee
@mary-vee
14 years ago
12 posts
i'm going to be the Maid of Honor at my best friend's wedding next month and I was told the same thing. "Just make them look nice" And I've been using a little bit of Aloe vera on them and they look great so that's the way to go.
LowRyderMan
@lowryderman
14 years ago
88 posts
U could just wear a tam.
LowRyderMan
@lowryderman
14 years ago
88 posts
I just realized this is an old discussion. Ignore my post
Dislike 0

Tags