dreadlocks shampoo
Dreadlocks Forums

Question About Loose Fringe Hair That Won't Lock Into Any Dreads

Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Hi,

I have a question, throughout my dreadlock journey I have had a few pieces of hair at the front fringe of my head that never seemed to want to lock into the two existing dreads at the front of my head. Most of what I have tried to get them to lock has been to wrap that loose hair around the dread I know they are meant to go to, or to kind of just push it on to that dread, and kind of move it with my hands in a simulated brushing or combing motion (with no real tools at all, obviously), but even that  is a short term fix, I have been doing weekly sea salt spray treatments for my roots but the sea salt spray never really does anything to these two bits of loose hair I was wondering if they will always be kind of outside the dreads or if there is a way to encourage them to get knotted where into their logical dread?I have also tried just pushing these patches back on to the top of my head, but that A) never really works and B) just looks unappealing to me. Any advice on how I could get these patches to lock would be great, but this has been a little bothersome to me....so any advice, would be great, outside of the obvious advice of accepting that they may just never lock into any dread (as I am more than willing to accept that if it ends up being the case)

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

all around the hairline the hairs finer, and more oily so dreads slower and will always have some fine loose hairs

they will also always form new dreads...if left alone!

you don't determine which dread they logicly belong to..they do, and most likely that's a new dread that's yet to form

i have that too after 25 years ..still do

but every couple months they also sprout new dreads

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Ok, I figured that was the case, I have had the habit of just tucking those loose hairs behind my ears to get them out of my face, as they have begun to get long enough where they can become a little annoying. 

☮ soaring eagle ॐ
@soaring-eagle
8 years ago
29,640 posts

that's when they are long enough to start dreading and tucking them away can prevent that

--
My new book Ban The Taboo Vol 1
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Good to know I'll stop doing that then and just let them do their thing.

3_little_birds2316
@carolbrennan
8 years ago
60 posts

My husband had this problem as well.  It took a while but they finally formed their own dreads or paired off into the closest dread.

Good luck!

--
Livin' wild and free in NC

Follow my dreadlock journey on instagram: @3_little_birds2316
Raven's Light
@ravens-light
8 years ago
346 posts

Thanks, the gap I have on the top of my head still in is the process of sealing up...hopefully that will close soon as well.

Dislike 0

Tags

comments powered by Disqus
privacy policy Contact Form